This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Antenna Lady (sorry a little long)

This last week we have had a very weird customer come through our store.
    She first came in on Monday when I was off, apparently she wandered around for about 2 - 3 hours and came up to the counter with 3 magazines. Not too strange, we are a nice bookstore and sometimes people lose track of time, or just like to hang out. But when she got to the checkout and the sales assistant scanned her first item, AL screamed.

AL: Antenna Lady
    P: Staff member
    UK: Me

AL: It hurts, It hurts don't use that when I'm here (pointing to the barcode reader)
    P: Don't use what?
    AL: That laser it hurts my aura.
    P: What?
    AL: Everytime you push the button it burns part of my aura. Don't use it.
    P: Well I need to scan your purchases, if you still want them?
    AL: Do it some other way.
    P: [Exasperated] Fine!

So P has to enter the barcodes manually, not a big deal all in itself just a pain in the ass. On Thurday I was back at work, and hadn't heard about this (Really if we had to get told about every weirdo who came in while we were off we'd never get any work done). A very strange lady (yes it was AL, I just didn't know it yet) came up to me.

AL: Appernetly you are the manager
    UK: Yes, what can I do for you.
    AL: You must turn off all of your televisions.
    UK: What?
    AL: Your televisions are interfering with my aura. They are trying to influence me to buy stuff I don't want. And they are hurting me.
    UK: What?
    AL: Your TV's are projecting pain and too many messages for my aura to sort.
    UK: [Very confused] Ma'am I won't turn off those TV's [pointing] they are part of our surveillance system. And this one is used to advertise some of our specials.
    AL: It must just be this one then. [Pointing to the LCD]
    UK: [Trying to provide good customer service] I suppose I can turn it off for a short time, just while you are around here.
    AL: Good.

Somehow she had managed to stand behind the LCD's we use as our POS without them hurting? For about half an hour she browsed through the clearance tables then came up to me.

AL: This is intolerable, your TV's are still trying to tell me what to do.
    UK: I've told you those are staying on, and I've already switched one off for you.
    AL: But it's still plugged in, it's still interfering with me.
    UK: [Sighing] There's nothing else I'm going to do, sorry.
    AL: You are so offensive!

AL has left the building! Throughout this P has been watching the whole thing, killing herself laughing. She then told me what had happened on Monday. While I had been dealing with AL, P been on the phone to our SM telling her what was going on, so now they were both giving me a hard time.

So why do we call her Antenna Lady? She is very tall, about 6', wears BIG glasses with pointy corners and has two little pig tails, pointing up on the top of her head like antenne. We all think that she should adjust the reception a bit.

Sorry this is so long, it's just a little wierd.
    "I'm trying to manufacture sincerity." - Simon (Teachers)
    "Ok, you have to stop the Q-tip when there's resistance!" - Chandler (Friends)

you and Blueberry need to get together. You both have weird aura customers...

Comment

Oh my dog, how does she go shopping anywhere? And she wanted you to turn off the screen for the POS? How are you supposed to ring her up?
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I wonder if portable radios emit static when she & Blueberry's weirdo ex-customer are near...
        Happiness is the exercise of vital powers along lines of excellence in a life affording you scope.

Comment

Sounds to me like she's getting bad reception from her "antennae"!

If she comes in again, maybe you could suggest to her that she get hooked up to cable!

Mike
          Meow.........

Comment

I was just speaking to my SM about Antena Lady. When AL first complained apparently SM was 'shooting' her with one of the other barcode readers from the next counter. I seems as though they only have a limited range 'cos AL didn't ask her to stop!
            "I'm trying to manufacture sincerity." - Simon (Teachers)
            "Ok, you have to stop the Q-tip when there's resistance!" - Chandler (Friends)

Comment

Quoth uknz76 View Post
              When AL first complained apparently SM was 'shooting' her with one of the other barcode readers from the next counter.
              BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! *GASPWHEEZE* BWAAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!
              Quoth Talon View Post
              I wonder if portable radios emit static when she & Blueberry's weirdo ex-customer are near...
              *runs away*
              Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
              And she wanted you to turn off the screen for the POS? How are you supposed to ring her up?
              See excerpt below.
              Quoth uknz76 View Post
              Somehow she had managed to stand behind the LCD's we use as our POS without them hurting?
              Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth uknz76 View Post
                So P has to enter the barcodes manually, not a big deal all in itself just a pain in the ass.
                I hated having to enter in barcodes manually, if for no other reason than it screwed up my scanning numbers.
                Unseen but seeing
                oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                3rd shift needs love, too
                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Question:

Did she say "Aura" or "OOra?" If it was the former, put a sign on the door that says, We are not responsible for Aural Interference caused by electronic transmissions within the premises. If it was the latter, have her executed.

Here, I made a sign:

"You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

Working...
                  X