This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paranoid Customer?

Yesterday, a customer filled out an application for a savings card and filled out the required information except the phone #. He didn't want to give out his phone # because he thought the store would track him. He even wanted to know if I could look him up by his last name and I informed him that our system doesn't work like that. He decided he didn't want a savings card because it required a phone #. We require the phone # so we can look up lost cards and get them mailed and so customers can enter their # in the pinpad. I ended up tearing up the application and throwing it out.
    My Fanfic Page
    My Fiction Page
    My Social Group
    My Pet Social Group
    My You Tube Channel

Quoth purplecat41877
    He didn't want to give out his phone # because he thought the store would track him. He even wanted to know if I could look him up by his last name
    What, like tracking him?

Not going to give out his phone number, but perfectly happy to have his name tracked. Hmmm....

Comment

Better my phone number than my email address. (My house phone is only used for internet access. Yep, still using dial up.) Only special people get my cell phone number, which means it's not on record at work. Ha ha.
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Wonder if they make aluminum foil hats in his size...?
        The universe is mostly empty space, and so is your job. ~Dilbert

Comment

I get SC's like that all the time. At my store when you do a cash return you have to take down ALL the customer's info. Name, address, city, state, zip code, and phone number. When it comes to giving out their phone number a surprising amount of people refuse. Probably about half of them.

I even had one lady say it was illegal to ask for her phone number

SC: *Finishing writing down info*
          Me: Oh ma'am, you forgot to put your phone number
          SC: It's unlisted
          Me: You still have to put your phone number. I assure you nobody will call you
          SC: I don't want to give it out, if I don't want to give it out I shouldn't have to.
          Me: It's just a form of identification ma'am
          SC: This is ridiculous I do not have to give a phone number out. This is ILLEGAL! I will not give it ou
          Me: If you want your money back you will.
          SC: *Writes down a probably fake phone number*

Greedy bastards. As soon as I tell them they won't get their money back unless they put their phone number, they always shut up.
          They're willing to put their freaking address down, but they're afraid about a phone number? Do they think someone's gonna get bored and start calling them? I could vandalise her house with the information she gave, but noooooo a phone number is too much.

Comment

They probably don't want to receive any service calls or someone trying to sell them a new promotion or something - I've been guilty of not wanting to give out my number - and b/c of all the scary people in the world, if I don't have to give out my last name, I don't. (Also it's a little hard for some people to say and spell so I just try to go by my first name sometimes). Anyway - they're prob. just scared of getting phone calls from soliciters all the time - it's easier to throw out junk mail and a little less annoying than it is to get calls at 7am from some company wanting to sell you something or upgrade your account..... but if they're scared your tracking them... w/ the savings card you're tracking them ON the savings card, aren't you? Then they get special coupons in the mail for the stuff the co. sees them buy most, right?? I like that Don't know if your savings card works the same though....

Comment

Working...
            X