Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unbelievable (no, wait, it is believable)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unbelievable (no, wait, it is believable)

I used to work at a bookstore in a mall. Back in spring of 2005, when Julia Roberts gave birth to her horribly named twins Hazel and Phinnaeus, there was a cover story about in People magazine. Now, the work incident I'm about to relate happened when I wasn't working, but from what my co-workers told me, I completely believe it happened.

Okay, some lady comes in, all but demanding for the People magazine issue with Julia Roberts and her damn twins. It appeared there were no more issues on the newsstand (the bookstore was a small place, so the copies put out at a time were limited). Well, this lovely lady was making the biggest stink, ranting, "where's that magazine?! I want to see it! I want to see Julia Robers and her twins!" My co-workers were frantically looking in overstock for the issue, going above and beyond the call of customer service. Finally, after all the stress of searching and listening to this entitlement whore of a customer, they found the elusive issue of People magazine.

They presented it to the customer. The customer picked it up, looked at the cover, blandly said "oh"... and put the magazine down and left!!!! WTF?? She put my poor co-workers through hell and didn't even have any intention of buying it!! What a bitch!
    "I used to be Snow White... but I drifted."~Mae West

See this is why you should have a way to ring them up and charge them before they can see those magazines...

Comment

What a bitch. So rude!

Actually.. I've heard of stores not allowing customers to read magazines without purchasing them first.
      My Myspace, add me!

Comment

Quoth Deanna Darkstone View Post
        The customer picked it up, looked at the cover, blandly said "oh"... and put the magazine down and left!
        Quoth RammsteinGirl View Post
        Actually.. I've heard of stores not allowing customers to read magazines without purchasing them first.
        Bold is mine, just to show the true suck of this customer. They didn't even OPEN it. Didn't read the article, look at the pretty pictures, etc. At that point, I'd probably look at my co-worker and (not quietly) say "What the hell is her problem?"
        Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Charge her a $500 "retrevial fee". Seriously she made you go through all that ans wouldn't even pony up the $3-4 for the lousy magazine? What a b-tch.

Comment

Working...
          X