This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone here post on the STD?

Have any servers here posted on the bitterwaitress.com's STD (Sh*tty Tipper Database)?

As I was telling co-workers about it over the past few days, I also explained that I could never post anything there myself.

But then I remembered one guy ...

They sat at my table for about two hours. When I brought the check, this one guy jerked it out of my hand, "I've got it!," as O.G. mints flew everywhere.

He charged their meal - about $140 - and left me $7.

As I was showing the big tip to my co-workers, he walked up to me and said, "That's for not singing Happy Birthday."

I explained that I didn't know it was a birthday dinner, but he argued, "Yes you did! We told the hostess, we saw her write it down!"

In the two hours they sat there, someone could have gotten up to use the bathroom and "reminded" one of us about the birthday!

I closed the check out for a $0 tip because I figured that he needed the seven bucks much more than I did. (Apparently I could have been fired for doing that!)

If I come-across a photocopy of his check, I can see posting the 5% tip, along with an explanation.

I rememberd this because last night a woman at a table - after their meal & dessert - asked if we do anything special for birthdays. She then asked why I didn't sing for their table. I explained that I didn't know about it, the hostess apologized and explained that she'd forgotten to tell me, and we sang to them anyway.

She left about 10%, but for all I know that could be what she usually tips.

(And no, I would not post her tip on the STD, simply because she wasn't a d*ck about it!)

Rather sounds as if you need to talk to your hostess about passing information on.

Comment

I've posted several on the STD...I'm also a proud member of their forum for years now! BTW, this is my first post here but I've been lurking for a while, I enjoy knowing that the servers aren't the only ones that deal with these idiots!

Comment

Working...
      X