Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hot chicks can suck too (get your mind out of the gutter!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot chicks can suck too (get your mind out of the gutter!)

This happened just last night at work....

The shift had just started, and a table of three (later to grow to six) hot chicks had sat down, looking good, in bikini tops, sarongs, etc. (Outdoor bar on the water...totally acceptable attire.) One server who was going off suggested that myself or the other male server on take them, but as they were in a third female server's section, I figured she would get them, so did not take them. Well, for whatever reason, my male cohort picked them up, and of course I was quite jealous. But, I did say to him, "be careful...sometimes these girls think that their looks can substitute for a decent tip." He laughed about it. Silly rabbit.

Anyway, fast forward some. The girls have left, and I ask my colleague what they tipped him. "Zero." Say what? "They left me nothing. They thought their bill was too much." What do you mean? Did they think he overcharged them? "Nope....they just thought the bill was too much, and they left me no tip." I am stunned. They had no problem ORDERING all their drinks and munchies, but they apparently had a problem with the final bill, and took it out on my coworker.

As they say on late night TV informercials, but wait, there's more!

A bit after that apparently one of the girls came back, feeling bad about what her friends had done, and gave the server $40. (YAY!) This is the kicker....it was a bacheleorette party, and the bacheleorette bride-to-be had paid half the bill, another girl had paid half the bill, and the other four didn't pay a thing OR THINK THEY HAD TO TIP! And the girl who gave the server the tip after the fact? Right...the bride-to-be. So not only were her friends to cheap to pay any of the bill in the first place, they put their friend, the guest of honor, in a bad position where after she had already dropped a hundred dollars on half the bill, she also felt like she had to cough up another $40 because they were all so stupid and cheap. I guess they thought that merely showing up and looking good replaced any need to pay and/or tip. I am happy that my coworker ended up making an appropriate tip after the fact, but MAN did those chicks SUCK!

THREE DAYS TILL VACATION!!!
    Last edited by Jester; 07-30-2006, 01:52 PM.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Jester how about leaving a ladder in the gutter next time so I can get out quicker

I'm at lost for words, half of me want to say something smartass, the other half wants to just find out where you work.
    I've lost my mind ages ago. If you find it, please hide it.

Comment

Can't help you with the smartass comment....I have plenty of my own!

As for the other half of you, I actually have two great jobs.

I bartend at a hotel and I wait tables at a casual waterside bar/restaurant, both of them in a Major Tourist Destination.

THREE DAYS TILL VACATION!!!

Still A Customer."

Comment

There's that old saying, "With friends like these who needs enemies?"

Oh, and then there's, "Beauty is only skin deep but an ugly personality is to the bone."
        "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
        HellGate: London

Comment

Quoth NightAngel
          Oh, and then there's, "Beauty is only skin deep but an ugly personality is to the bone."
          Heh heh... you said "bone"... heh heh...
          "This is the first time I've seen you look ugly, and that makes me happy!"

Comment

It really is too bad that society tells ppl they can get by on their looks. Just wait 20 yrs when those women are wrinkly & less than gorgeous. Wonder what they'll expect to receive at that point.
            The universe is mostly empty space, and so is your job. ~Dilbert

Comment

yep, all that sun worshipping will catch up with them, and they'll be some serious ugly going on there (unless they can afford LOTS of surgery).

i've had guys try that with me; thought they were hot and someone older like myself should be so flattered with their attention that i'd spot them one for free.

i think not, junior.
              look! it's ghengis khan!
              Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

That don't work! Dang, why didn't I get that memo.
                I've lost my mind ages ago. If you find it, please hide it.

Comment

Quoth chainedbarista
                  yep, all that sun worshipping will catch up with them, and they'll be some serious ugly going on there (unless they can afford LOTS of surgery).
                  Lots of plastic surgery is no guarantee of beauty. Ask Michael Jackson.

Seriously, I'd like to see these "ladies" in about twenty years, when their skins have been tanned like an old leather handbag, and their faces pulled taut and Botoxed into total paralysis. That's way scarier than normal aging!

Or maybe they'll end up looking like Cassandra from the new Doctor Who series...
                  I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                  My LiveJournal
                  A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I wonder what they gave the BTB for her wedding? or did ithey think that their showing up was good enough? Jerks

Comment

they made the bride pay for her own bacholorette party?

ok I can understand if like my friend she had her party at the spa and it cost like $150 per person (they paid $30 her daddy paid the rest) but if your friends cant treat their B2B to a freaking dinner and drinks.... theres something seriously wrong here....
                      I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Quoth Crow The Robot
                        I wonder what they gave the BTB for her wedding?
                        *Deep-voiced male Spiffy doing Valley Girl impression*

"Well, the four of us, we've been, like, your bestest friends for, like, a whole year now. So, like, we thought we'd, like, collect our money, and get you, like, a super-cool wedding gift! So heres your...Scratch and Win lottery ticket!"

Ugh. If they didn't have the gentle curves, nice hair, overall fashion sense, and really neat handwriting, I'd really hate women sometimes.
                        I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

Hate to burst your bubble Spiffy but guys are just as bad as girls.

Except for the handwriting part... why can't most of you guys write legibly?
                          "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
                          HellGate: London

Comment

I don't know if they made the BTB pay for the party per se....they were in our bar/restaurant early in the evening (5:00) and were getting munchies and drinks. For all I know, the other girls paid later. Or not. Who knows?

But at least at our place they

(A) for whatever reason allowed the BTB and one other girl to split the bill
                            (B) decided that the bill was "too much," so felt they didn't have to tip
                            (C) got all pissy about it, and
                            (D) allowed the BTB to pay even more money, as she was the only one with the decency to tip my coworker for busting his ass for them.

Wenches.

THREE DAYS TILL VACATION!!! (And I won't have to deal with suckass customers for a week!)

Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth XCashier
                              Seriously, I'd like to see these "ladies" in about twenty years, when their skins have been tanned like an old leather handbag, and their faces pulled taut and Botoxed into total paralysis. That's way scarier than normal aging!
                              Is right. We attended a family reunion for my husband's family last year at a country club in wine country (near us).

Ugh, the old women at the pools with their leather skin, and all they did was lie around and tan themselves more. Ya, know, I don't think the tan look works after a certain age.

And all the women from age 15 up had the same frikkin' hair highlights, clothing (navy blue and beige, with a bit of sage green or white thrown in), and attitude. When I saw a young woman, who must have been from SF, with natural, dark hair, a white blouse with a totally cool light green skirt, black peep-toe shoes, sunglasses, and an awesome retro purse and jewelry (yes, I remember all that, I was completely envious), I wanted to fall down on my knees and thank her for her presence.
                              Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                              HR believes the first person in the door
                              Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                              Document everything
                              CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Working...
                              X