Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hot chicks can suck too (get your mind out of the gutter!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Kusanagi
    I went out for sushi with my friend and the two of had a bill that was 22 dollars. It was the best sushi we had ever had and the guy was awesome. We ended up leaving 40 on the table, on a 22 dollar bill.

You went out for sushi...

Had sushi for two....

Some of the best you have ever had...

AND THE BILL WAS ONLY 22 BUCKS?

I am in awe. Where the hell do you live that sushi is that cheap?

TWO DAYS TILL VACATION! (And 1 week without SC's!)

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Comment

Tipping rules are different in Germany; here, the service is included in the prices (although wages still aren't great, so tips are expected, but not required).

I'll generally tip 10% of the bill for decent service - if I've nothing positive or negative to say about it. 15 - 20% for good to excellent service, and no tip for bad service.

Of course, weak as I am, the tip tends to move more easily into higher categories for a good-looking waitress...
      You gotta polish a memory like a stone. Chip off the parts that remind you it was just a game. Work it until it's indistinguishable from any other memory.

Comment

Quoth NightAngel
        why can't most of you guys write legibly?
        A plethora of pardons; is Madam enchanted by this more glorious manifestation?

Dessert and ice water only, with tax, came to $5.36, for which I deposited $6 in the book and was cheerfully thanked. Wanting to linger anyway, after about 20 minutes I told my enthusiastic server if he brought my change back I could leave him a larger tip.
        I second that Frederick Douglass quote--unfortunately, so do a lot of SCs.

Comment

I usually tip at least 20% as it is far easier to divide the bill by 5 in my head than it is to figure 15%. But there is a strange phenomemnon that happens to my friends and I when we go out. The larger the group gets, the larger the tip gets. As none of us are nitpickers, we all just throw in what we think is fair, nobody even looks at the check. One late night after work at Denny's our waitress got a $180.00 tip on a $60.00 bill!! There were 12 of us, but alot just with soda or waters and a few appetizers that everyone shared. Not everyone left together, and as people trickled out they left a $20.00 on the table. My b/f and I were the last ones there so we saw the final tally. Needless to say, the waitresses at that Denny's would fight over who got to serve us from that day on.
          The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

Quoth Canarr
            Tipping rules are different in Germany; here, the service is included in the prices (although wages still aren't great, so tips are expected, but not required).

I'll generally tip 10% of the bill for decent service - if I've nothing positive or negative to say about it. 15 - 20% for good to excellent service, and no tip for bad service.

Of course, weak as I am, the tip tends to move more easily into higher categories for a good-looking waitress...
            This tipping thing is something I've never understood... Mayby because we haven't got any real US-kind of tipping culture in Finland.

Here, "tips" are 'included' in the item/service cost, and are not required nor expected.
            Say for example, sushi here costs 10€. I get great service, food is excellent, etc etc and when it's time to pay, my bill is still 10€.

(If the cost was 9.50€, I could pay with a 10€ note and refuse any change and that 0.50€ would be my "tip".)

I know that if you still give an unexpected tip, it (usually) goes in to a common pool, which is then divided to ALL employees at the end of the day/week/month.

Waiters here get paid between ~8€ to ~10€ per hour (about $10.40 - $13.00).
            Check: Union pocket guide of terms of employment for Hotel and Restaurant industry.
            Last edited by kebable; 08-01-2006, 02:18 PM.
            Want to know more about me ??
            Then feel free to contact me in the MSN messenger!! I'd be happy to chat with you!
            Or check www.myspace.com/kebable

Comment

kebable, in the states (united of course). Waiters aren't paid a full wage. They're usually paid a very small hourly rate and the rest is "tips". So if waiters were actually being paid a full wage, then tipping would be like it is where you are.
              I've lost my mind ages ago. If you find it, please hide it.

Comment

Let's see if I can drudge up this memory...

Ah, yes, there it is.

One year, way back in high school, I joined in on the Youth in Government trip, and went to Jeff. City for a weekend. One day, on my lunch break, I followed everyone to a nice little pizza place, bought a pizza for myself, ate, got my bill, which was something like $20, if I remember correctly.
                Now, at the time I didn't know exactly how much to tip, so I left my server a $5 as a tip, and got up to use the restroom. My server came in to find me, and thank me for the generous tip, which left me bewildered.
                I don't remember much about how he had done serving me, but $5 more didn't seem so big a deal to me at the time. I was more impressed by the guy finding me to thank me, oddly enough.
                "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth air914
                  I was a little upset at my bridesmaids...
                  Check out http://www.etiquettehell.com

I live in Washington State and usually tip 20%, down to 15% for barely adequate service, more for phenomenal. I think on the coasts 20% is more the norm because the cost of living is so high. I will tip more if I am dining by myself, or the meal is inexpensive (like breakfast). I find it weird that bringing a plate with a steak on it gets a bigger tip than one with eggs and bacon.

Once I was at a popular chowder house (rhymes with pukes), I was at a table that was at the border of one server's section. My waitress was truly terrible. The waiter in the next section busted his ass, was doing an amazing job. I had plenty of time to watch him while I waited endlessly for my server. When I left, I gave the tip to him and told both him and the manager why.
                  Last edited by Spiffy McMoron; 08-01-2006, 10:52 PM.
                  Some days, it's just not worth chewing through the restraints...
                  TASTE THE LIME JELLO OF DEFEAT! -Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth kebable
                    TMayby because we haven't got any real US-kind of tipping culture in Finland.

Here, "tips" are 'included' in the item/service cost, and are not required nor expected.
                    Y'know, if I ever found a place that had a discrete but visible sign saying "We pay our staff a living wage. Tipping is not required." they would become my resturaunt of choice. I understand the whole thing; I do it willingly-- I just wish it really was an optional way of saying "good service" rather than "here's your pay."

Comment

Well, I guess we can all figure out why the bride-to-be is in fact the bride-to-be. The others with that attitude won't get far with any man worth a damn.
                      When will the fantasy end? When will the heaven begin?

Comment

Quoth Jester
                        This happened just last night at work....

The shift had just started, and a table of three (later to grow to six) hot chicks had sat down, looking good, in bikini tops, sarongs, etc. (Outdoor bar on the water...totally acceptable attire.) One server who was going off suggested that myself or the other male server on take them, but as they were in a third female server's section, I figured she would get them, so did not take them. Well, for whatever reason, my male cohort picked them up, and of course I was quite jealous. But, I did say to him, "be careful...sometimes these girls think that their looks can substitute for a decent tip." He laughed about it. Silly rabbit.

Anyway, fast forward some. The girls have left, and I ask my colleague what they tipped him. "Zero." Say what? "They left me nothing. They thought their bill was too much." What do you mean? Did they think he overcharged them? "Nope....they just thought the bill was too much, and they left me no tip." I am stunned. They had no problem ORDERING all their drinks and munchies, but they apparently had a problem with the final bill, and took it out on my coworker.

As they say on late night TV informercials, but wait, there's more!

A bit after that apparently one of the girls came back, feeling bad about what her friends had done, and gave the server $40. (YAY!) This is the kicker....it was a bacheleorette party, and the bacheleorette bride-to-be had paid half the bill, another girl had paid half the bill, and the other four didn't pay a thing OR THINK THEY HAD TO TIP! And the girl who gave the server the tip after the fact? Right...the bride-to-be. So not only were her friends to cheap to pay any of the bill in the first place, they put their friend, the guest of honor, in a bad position where after she had already dropped a hundred dollars on half the bill, she also felt like she had to cough up another $40 because they were all so stupid and cheap. I guess they thought that merely showing up and looking good replaced any need to pay and/or tip. I am happy that my coworker ended up making an appropriate tip after the fact, but MAN did those chicks SUCK!

THREE DAYS TILL VACATION!!!
                        Man, this girl has to be rethinking her choice of friends. When we took my soon-to-be brother-in-law out for his bachelor party, my brother and I told the waitress straight up not to allow him to pay for ANYTHING. And she still got a pretty hefty tip from us all.
                        Everything I do goes through...

Think About It Central

Comment

Quoth Gurndigarn
                          Y'know, if I ever found a place that had a discrete but visible sign saying "We pay our staff a living wage. Tipping is not required." they would become my resturaunt of choice. I understand the whole thing; I do it willingly-- I just wish it really was an optional way of saying "good service" rather than "here's your pay."
                          Right. The downside of our way is that restaurants ARE expensive!
                          One BigMac (no fries/soda) at McDonalds costs ~4€ (~$5), or a normal lunch (is between 5€ and 12€ (~7 to ~16), depending where you eat.

Eat out every day with these prices and add 20% each time........

Now here's a good index, check it out! http://www.economist.com/markets/Bigmac/Index.cfm
                          Last edited by kebable; 08-02-2006, 07:48 AM.
                          Want to know more about me ??
                          Then feel free to contact me in the MSN messenger!! I'd be happy to chat with you!
                          Or check www.myspace.com/kebable

Comment

The plot thickens....

Update on the suckass bachelorette party....was working my last shift before my vacation today (YAY!), and was talking to the server in question--basically told him that his story had not only been posted here, but had gotten a lot of comments...which, of course, it has. That's when I found out there was more to the story than I had originally realized.

See, the bride-to-be's friends were such asshats, and so upset with how much everything cost (despite the fact that they ordered it all--duh!), that they didn't want to leave a tip at all, which I mentioned in the original post. But the BTB, as I also mentioned, DID leave the server a good tip. What I did not realize at the time was that her friends were so up in arms about the whole thing, she had to fake having left something in the bar just to come in and give the server the tip he thought (and she thought) he had earned with his hard work. That's right...to tip him on a large bill, the BRIDE-TO-BE had to LIE TO HER FRIENDS and SNEAK AWAY just to leave a freakin' tip.

And it's not like they were from another culture where this sort of thing is foreign. They were freakin' Americans, and damn well knew better. There is only one word for women like this. I would tell you the word, but it would enrage many females. So if you really want to know, well, I'll "see you next Tuesday."

Yes. THAT word.

Damn. I should have been packed by now. I am going to be hating packing in the morning.

TOMORROW STARTS MY VACATION! NO MORE ASSHAT SUCKASS CUSTOMERS FOR A WEEK!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                            Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth skeptic53
                              Once I was at a popular chowder house (rhymes with pukes)
                              I'm not sure what the name of that place is, but if you keep on relating to it that way, I'd really scared to go in their and order a bowl for myself.
                              I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

Quoth Spiffy McMoron
                                I'm not sure what the name of that place is, but if you keep on relating to it that way, I'd really scared to go in their and order a bowl for myself.
                                Naw, the food is good, the place is just overpriced and the clientele tend to be pretentious yuppies. The opposite of "****'s of Hazzard".
                                Some days, it's just not worth chewing through the restraints...
                                TASTE THE LIME JELLO OF DEFEAT! -Gravekeeper

Comment

Working...
                                X