Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

That is lovely perfume. Must you bathe in it??

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Crosshair
    I wonder, if you lit a match would she burst into flames?

LOL, don't give anyone any ideas now!!

Don't ya just love it when people put so much perfume on that they leave a trail throughout the store. The fact that they use so much perfume, that it leaves a trail that is just as strong as the wearer . . .

They need to start putting warning labels on the bottles, like Surgeon General Warnings . . .
    This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

Warning: Over-using this product may cause you to repel everyone within a 50mi radius.

Comment

Dork alert!

Quoth Broomjockey
        Count to 30 in your head while making spraying noises.
        I did this! Wow, it is a long time...

Another contributing factor to the no-smell-ums is smoking. My mother used to douse herself in Eau De Cheesy Drugstore Swill until she quit smoking and regained her sense of smell. And some do it hoping to mask the tobacco smell...egads!!
        Not all who wander are lost.

Comment

Quoth Horsetuna View Post
          My only concern is I do dab it on lightly, but then I wonder what's the point - I can't smell it, how can anyone else?
          When you wear perfume, you're exposed to the smell all the time, so you get used to it. Even if you can't smell it yourself, people who have only just come into contact with you can.

When I can smell you 30 minutes after you leave, there's a problem.
          Some perfumes just seem to linger, even if you're wearing a sensible amount. My mum wears Estee Lauder's White Linen, and people often comment about being able to tell where she's been by the scent. It's the same thing with my dad's Ralph Lauren Polo. And I got one of those sample cards of Vivienne Westwood's Anglophile today - I put it in my bag, and my bag smells like perfume. I put my bag in my room, and my room smells like perfume.
          It's really funny, because Anglophile has a leather undertone - my room smells like bikers and kink fetish now.
          God made me a cannibal to fix problems like you. - Angelspit, '100%'

I'm sorry, I'm not authorised to give a f**k.

Comment

I hate excessive perfume wearers, too. I get TERRIBLE sinus headaches within minutes of being exposed to some perfumes. I have to carry Tylenol with me just in case some clod walks into my store like that during the day. And I find, at least in my area, that older people are not the worst offenders. Middle-teen aged women are the worst! Ugh...I was at the counter trying to buy a pretzel the other day and this VERY RUDE woman crawls right up my ass and squeezes next to me at the tiny counter while I'm waiting to get my lemonade...she REEKED so bad, that by the time I walked back to my store I had a sinus headache. If I hadn't been in uniform, I would have first told her she was rude for not standing back and waiting her turn, and then sniped at her for her awful smell...nothing drives me more insane!
            I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

Quoth Horsetuna View Post
              My only concern is I do dab it on lightly, but then I wonder what's the point - I can't smell it, how can anyone else?
              You dab it on your pulse points. Pulse points are the places on your body where there is blood flow just below the skin, e.g., inside of wrists, back of knees, and throat below and behind our ears.

The heat from the blood causes the scent to slowly disperse. It can easily take 15 to 30 minutes for the scent to be noticeable. Don't overdo it.

Better quality fragrances will alter slightly as you wear them. They call these "notes." The top note is what you smell when you first put it on. As time progresses, the fragrance will alter as the various scent sources (musk, flowers, etc.) warm up. This is why you should always test a fragrance. Wear it at least an hour or so before you decide to buy it. What is in the bottle will not smell that way on you.

Also, try not to let your skin come into contact with the cologne or perfume in the bottle. This can cause the fragrance to alter and/or deteriorate. Tap it onto your palm or wrist, then apply it from there.

This now ends Cologne Application and Care 101.
              Labor boards have info on local laws for free
              HR believes the first person in the door
              Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
              Document everything
              CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Quoth toolbert View Post
                God, you'd hate to work where I work then. Not only do I get a daily dose of the perfumed/cologned monsters, but I work by a store called L'occitane and their policy is to spray this ungodly amounts of new perfumes into the mall's hallway to attrack customers to their store. I mean, one small spritz would be enough, but they have to mask the section that I'm in with that crud. My eyes burn from it and I can't stop coughing and when we ask them to stop, they say if they don't the company will fine the store o.O O.o. What an excuse :bleh:
                Here in California there are laws regarding the spraying of fragrance. Toolbert, you should ask around. There were some lawsuits over that type of thing, and many companies prefer to not be threatened with legal action. You might contact L'occitane's headquarters, the national one, and inform them of the problems you're having. You should especially tell them that you have seen customers repelled by the spraying, and that customers in your store have complained, whether it's totally true or not.

I've purchased L'occitane for gifts. I have severe allergies. I think I'll send them an email myself. What's the name of the shopping center in which you're located?

Every office I've worked in has had rules about wearing fragrance. Mostly, it's a no. They allow a very light scent, but if anyone complains due to allergic reactions the wearer is informed that they can't wear it anymore during work hours.
                Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                HR believes the first person in the door
                Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                Document everything
                CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

I'm fairly certain that I'm a minority of one, here, but I can't stand perfume in normal day-to-day situations. People should smell like, well, people. I rely heavily on my sense of smell for impressions of people, and the fastest way to make me dislike someone is to conceal their smell.

Now, I'm not saying that people shouldn't wash -- that would just be stupid -- but the natural smell of a person discloses all sorts of nifty info that you'd otherwise be rude for asking, but might be in some way relevant to the business you're about to conduct with them. For a really glaring example, let's say a drunk guy comes into the shop, but you can't smell the alcohol on him. Suddenly, you've got a guy who's acting funny, but you don't know if it's because he's drunk, sick, or got mental problems. It leaves you without a context. It's the same thing for me if I can't smell if someone is sick, tired, married/in a relationship (cause those two are identical smells), or on antidepressants. These are not things you want to ask about, but they frequently have consequences if you don't know about them.

So, yeah... I disagree with perfume on principle, except at parties and festivals where it's *expected* that you'll conceal what's wrong with you in the interest of perpetuating everyone's enjoyment.
                  07-88-02 :: How do I powercycle the previous agent?
                  Get the joke? You know where I work. Missed it? Sorry, can't say a word about it.

Comment

Quoth Tigress View Post
                    It was considered "immoral" to submerge ones nude body into water and scrub down.
                    Of course, we couldn't have people having impure thoughts and masterbating.

Comment

Quoth Tria View Post
                      Of course, we couldn't have people having impure thoughts and masterbating.
                      Better to have violent thoughts as long as it doesn't involve any dirty words and everyone keeps their clothes on.
                      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
                      X