This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
    My pharmacy has a sign a few feet from the counter that says Please wait here for privacy reasons, so you can't overhear people talking to the pharmacist or the tech.
    I would love if we could put up a sign like that. I would also love to have a sign up that informs cell phone lusers that their handsets will be shoved up their asses if they insist on coming up to the counter on them, making me repeat myself.

Comment

This reminds me of the time I was working at Publix when this impatient lady went up to the office to see the manager. The cashier was helping another customer, and politely told her she would be a minute and would call the manager.

C: Cashier
      IL: Impatient Lady

IL: I need to see your manager.
      C: Yes, maam. I'll call for him as soon as I finish ringing up this customer.
      IL: Can't you just get on your microphone over there and call him?
      C: Yes, I will do that as soon as I finish with this customer.
      IL: (Huffs in disgust) Isn't he in your back room? I can just go see him.
      (And this IL proceeds to let herself into the office, opening the door that has a big white sign in large red letters that says EMPLOYEES ONLY!
      C: Maam, you're not allowed to come back here.
      IL Well, you're not calling your manager fast enough.
      C: Again, maam, I can call him as soon as I'm finished with this customer, but you are not allowed to come back here.

In all, the cashier finally called the manager to the office, and I did not see the final exchange, nor ever hear why she needed the manager. With the way she was acting and her rudeness, it led me to believe she was there to bitch about something that happened to her while shopping.
      Last edited by greensinestro; 06-30-2007, 02:47 PM.

Comment

Quoth AFpheonix View Post
        I would love if we could put up a sign like that. I would also love to have a sign up that informs cell phone lusers that their handsets will be shoved up their asses if they insist on coming up to the counter on them, making me repeat myself.
        Oh, please. I wish they had something like this on the recording of our call center. Something like, "In order to assist you, the customer service representative will need your complete and undivided attention. This includes not answering your call waiting, not talking to someone else on your other land line or cellular phone, not surfing the internet to dispute what you saw on our website, and most importantly, not holding other conversations while speaking to your rep. Statistics have shown that customers miss at least eighty percent of important information provided to them due to the reasons we just listed."

At least it would be nice to have that. It might placate those that like to gripe about the boring hold music.

Comment

Working...
        X