Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More adventures in sucktacular parenting!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More adventures in sucktacular parenting!

So today I was up to my neck in housewares when a woman asked me for help. She had two boys in her cart. I would guess one was 2 years old or so and the other one 4 or 5. The bigger boy was standing in the front of the cart (great way to lose your balance and fall on your head) and had a cup of juice (it was senior day so we had a refreshments table set up). The two year old was seated in the seat at the other end of the cart.

The woman asked me for some bumper boats we had pictured in our sales ad for the week. I went over to the shelf and found there were no boats there, and none on hand or on order. Because the bumper boats were a seasonal item, the ad clearly says "seasonal items limited to stock on hand", and because we are getting to the end of the season for summer toys, I told her we were all out of the boats and wouldn't get any more in.

To which the older boy responded by tossing his cup of juice onto the floor and whining in the most eardrum-shredding voice possible, "IIIIII WWWAAAANNNNNNTTTTTT MYYYYYYYY BUMPER BOOOOAAAAATTTTTTSSSSS!". Soon the younger boy started accompanying him.

So what did mother say to her boys? "Now now, don't worry, we can get your bumper boats someplace else!" And walked right past the big red juice puddle her kid left on the floor.

Winnebago Tollbooth Fairytale? When I was a kid and I threw tantrums like that, I didn't have to worry about getting what I wanted. I had to worry about whether I'd be able to sit for the next week. Nice lesson you're teaching your kids there.

Bonus rant! 2 for the price of 1: After they left I called my coworker Numbnuts McDumbfuck (yes, I've given him a last name) to come clean up the mess because I was too busy filling the truck, and it's his job to clean up spills anyway. He told me he'd get right on it. He did not get it cleaned up until about an hour later, when somebody got the sticky mess on their shoes and complained at the service desk.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

I think that people should have to take an IQ test before being allowed to breed.
    Boogity, Boogity, Boogity Let's Go Racing Boys

Comment

Ya know, it really ticks me off when a parent refuses to actually parent. I thought about making a new thread with this but I'll just add it here.

This was yesterday at my partime job. Same parent who, if anyone remembers the thread, once told her kid if he didn't behave *I* would come over the counter and "get him". He's crying on and off over just being crabby (as all small children tend to be around nap time) while she's at the counter and he proceeds to stick the dogs leash in the mail slot. As he's yanking to get it out and getting more and more upset that it wont come out, she tells him "oh no! (dog's name) will get sucked in!" which makes him emit an ear piercing scream. I'm working with a cold so my ears are very sensitive and this almost sent me out the door had I not been trapped in the back with them between me and the door.
      I mean, the kid was already crying and miserable, why did she have to say something to make it worse?

"You'd feel a Hell of a lot better if you'd just rip into the occasional customer."
      ~Clerks

Comment

"I mean, the kid was already crying and miserable, why did she have to say something to make it worse?"

I'm guess she wants to make absolutly certain her kid is good and fucked up by the time he's 10?

Comment

At the craft store we used a cleaner that was toxic and it was used to wipe down the counter, the shelves, the edges of the counter. I can not remember the amount of times I would suggest that someones kid not suck on the edge of that counter because of the cleaner we use....

and got told to shut my mouth/mind my own business/ dont tell them how to parent/ change the cleaner...

ok fine... sorry for looking after the saftey of your kid, im such a horrible person for not wanting them poisioned!
          I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Working...
          X