This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well if you want to pay more...

One of the joys of working in a thrift store is that when we put our items out we sometimes forget to take garage sale stickers off, or even tags with prices on them from other stores. Sometimes this works to our advantage because when a customer complains the item is too high we can say "hey this is a 100 dollar dress for 20 bucks" and point to the original price tag, other times it sucks because we'll have 1 dollar on an item that was 25 cents at a garage sale.

Per policy if the customer complains we have to give them the lower price. Some customers live for this...

Yesterday we had a sale on all vcr tapes that priced them at 60 cents. I had a customer come up and say "2 for dolla, 2 for dolla".

"No sir 60 cents a piece"

" no no 2 for dolla 2 for dolla"

He then flipped the tape over and showed me a price sticker that was on it from the previous owner (a video rental place I think) The price sticker was 2 for 10.00.

I told him if he really wanted to pay 5 bucks a piece that was fine with me. He shut up after that.

Hahaha nice, backfired. Who buys vhs anymore, ugh.
    "It's a never ending job, huh?"
    "Not when I'm around."

Comment

Quoth Thrifty
      One of the joys of working in a thrift store is that when we put our items out we sometimes forget to take garage sale stickers off, or even tags with prices on them from other stores. Sometimes this works to our advantage because when a customer complains the item is too high we can say "hey this is a 100 dollar dress for 20 bucks" and point to the original price tag, other times it sucks because we'll have 1 dollar on an item that was 25 cents at a garage sale.
      Reminds me of when I worked at Goodwill. It was one of my self-appointed duties to go through the items on the shelves and peel off other price tags. Great fun, and I didn't have to cashier!!!!!!!!
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
      X