• Show
Clear All

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
    OL: You look like a fucking undertaker.
    "Well, Madam, I'm CERTAINLY not doing that at the moment."

Comment

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post

Me: Hi, what can I get you?
      OL: You can get out of that fucking uniform for a start!
      And I might have asked her how much she was willing to pay for that service!

Comment

When I worked for Publix in the late 1980's, the guys were supposed to wear clothing that was befitting of a professional environment. Much of the time, I wore a white shirt and dark slacks with dark dress shoes and a necktie that did not have any slogans on them. Over my shirt, I wore a green apron that was prone to get stained with things like cleaning products, things like sauce that might have spilled during a scan at the register, or even while working in the back with the garbage crusher. My apron did not always protect me from these unfortunate situations, and my white shirt often would have remnants of this stuff. Their policy was they wanted the men wearing white, or at least not any colors that were loud and revealing.

Now, Publix has changed this policy, or so it seems. Some of the guys still wear white shirts, but now wear dark blue aprons. Sometimes I have seen the guys wearing colors other than white, as long as it is not revealing.

If this lady hated the black colors, why would she continue doing business there? In fact, why do these shitty people ruin it for everyone. They're the ones that not only would complain about the color of your uniform, they're also the ones that complain about the loud music, the temperature in the place, the restrooms being too far away from their table, not having enough ice in their water, being upset that the manager didn't personally visit their table......look, if you're so miserable and have to use nasty language like that, stay in your f***ing house and don't f***ing leave it!

Comment

Quoth GyroKat View Post
          The uniform:
          I like that! The uniform stays clean and unstained, and the colorful apron offsets all the black. Plus, any stains become part of the pattern!

Me, I would consider wearing a tie-dye shirt for that same reason. Plus, it'll give the old bat a real reason to complain!
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Yeah, I've worked at a few restaurants that required white button downs and ties - what a mess. One was an Italian place - equally messy. White aprons - even worse. To wear all black would've been nice.
            "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

I like my all black uniform. Occasionally I'll wear kahki pants but given the choice I usually wear the black. I may not work with food but I manage to get dirty at work and the black doesn't show it as well. Plus, most of my clothes are black anyway so I'm never at a loss for what to wear to work.
              "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
              HellGate: London

Comment

The manager should have asked the old lady "do you kiss your grandkids with that mouth"
                Boogity, Boogity, Boogity Let's Go Racing Boys

Comment

The F-ly's I used to work at had us wearing dark blue shirts with a black apron and black pants and special black no slip shoes. The pants were usually safe, but the apron and shirt would get covered in stuff by the end of my shift due to light colored sauces and me being so busy I didn't particularly care to try to stay clean. Now, the shirts are light, pretty springy colors, and it's probably still just as messy to work there. But I'll never go back there. What a crapshoot. I'd rather go work at a restaurant that pays for bus-peoples instead of making your underpaid overworked servers do it. And pays for someone to check the food orders before it goes out. What do they call them? Expeditors? Something like that. Oh, and serves liquors, so the bill is more expensive, which means bigger tips.
                  Jim: Fact: Bears eat beets. Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.
                  Dwight: Bears don't eat bee... Hey! What are you doing?
                  The Office

Comment

Working...
                  X