This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walmart, land of broken carts and dreams

Someone directed me to this forum, and honestly this place feels like home already. I'm glad there are people out there who experience similar things lol.

I have plenty of stories since I'm a stockman at walmart (we push carts, carry stuff out for people who can't do it by themselves), and generally do things no one else wants to touch (shit rolls downhill [and so do carts], rule #1).

Every time it rains here.. without fail we have people who complain and moan about wet carts... more often than not people have the audacity to come up and tell me the carts are wet. And thank god for these people because I honestly never would have known had it not been for their worldly advice. I wasn't soaking wet from the rain, no not at all.

One day an older SC came in (50's) and walked over to the cart corral inside the store and kept shoving them all about pulling them apart and what not, grumbled and exclaimed to me that all the carts were wet. The fan was on in the corral to try and dry them off so I just shrugged and told her to wipe them off with the paper towel around the corner if she wants, or look for a cart inside. She grumbles at me and turns around and sees the corner of the room where we stack all the broken carts needing repair. It doesn't say off limits but... it looks off limits to customers, there's a storage room back there.

Naturally she starts walking over to them and I start telling her "Ma'am, those carts are broken they are going to be picked up today for repair", and, what does she reply? "Well, are they dry?" I was just so dumbfounded at her seriousness, I grabbed the nearest cart which had like 2 drops of water on it and handed it to her and said here, this one is fine and shoved her on her way.

Honestly...
    "It's a never ending job, huh?"
    "Not when I'm around."

You never know, she might have been the wicked witch of the west and any water found on the cart would have turned her into a puddle of goop.
    Movie, Music, Anime and many more reviews...coming soon!

Comment

I'd prefer one that had rain water on it. Might have some of the germs washed off...
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
      X