This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this new? Customers

Why does every single time that we ask a customer to do something that they are not used to that its automatically new? I had two customers who wanted cash back from thier deposit. On the deposit slip it says IN PLAIN ENGLISH that to SIGN HERE IF CASH RECEIEVED. I tell these two customers that and they just say, "is this new? i have been here for years and nobody asked me!". I don't have to ask, its there on the deposit slip. How can a person who has been an account holder for years not notice the line on the bottom of the slip?

Also, its not new if OTHER customers know to SIGN if getting cashback.

People are just not very observant. I've been working at my store for over 4 years, on all shifts, and still have people ask me "Are you new here? I've never seen you before!"

Joe

Comment

I get that all the time, too.

Comment

I must be super dooper observant, because I've known ever since I've had a checking account that you have to sign your deposit slip if you're getting cash back.
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I've had a checking account for almost 25 years and my deposit slips have ALWAYS had a signature line on them for receiving cash. So I'd hardly say its a new policy at the bank. These clueless goobers need to wake up and pay attention.

Comment

Quoth Purple Monkey Dishwasher View Post
            I've been working at my store for over 4 years, on all shifts, and still have people ask me "Are you new here? I've never seen you before!"
            Same here, except I've worked at my current place of employment for...almost four years.
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I've had a checking account for almost 25 years and my deposit slips have ALWAYS had a signature line on them for receiving cash
              And yet my customer told me he had an account for 3 years. and didn't notice it!

Comment

I get that line often, and not just on the "why do I have to sign this?" SC's. When I worked as an operator for the phone company, one of the things I hated were the customers calling to interrupt a busy line because they were too impatient to wait for that person to hang up. Much of the time, these SC's called from pay phones, sometimes the same ones, and when you asked them how they wanted to pay for that, it was always, "What? Is this new? I've interrupted that number lots of times without having to pay for it." Yeah, right. You probably are a child that has done it from your parents phone, charged up a ton of money doing it, they've blocked it to keep you from doing it, and now you're finding a new way to do it. You never had to pay the bill before!

Comment

Wow, I always read EVERYTHING on the slips just to make sure nothing got changed on me.

Comment

My response: "If you want cash I need your signature." These folks are the same SC's who want munny. From a check from some random credit union. That they lack the cash to cover.

Comment

Working...
                    X