This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Erin
    The manager looked at the security video, and even tho he could see that I never once did anything that woman said I did, he took her side of it and he STILL gave me a Decision Day (so I could have the day off to think about whether or not I still wanted to work for WM)
    That wouldn't have been a real tough "decision" for me. If you stayed, you have more patience with stupidity than I ever will, both from customers and management. Of course, I probably would have gotten fired on the spot for telling that woman exactly what I thought about her reckless endangerment of those around her!

BTW, you are right, WM is evil incarnate, which is why I never go there!
    Dips: The best karma happens when you let a jerk bash themselves senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

Comment

I did stay...for at least two more months. WM fired me 2 weeks after 9-11 because management panicked when people decided to stay home watching the news about the attacks rather than going out and shopping.

The only departments in my store that were making any money the week after the attacks were the electronics dept (they sold a lot of kids movies) and the department that I worked in, fabrics and crafts. Crafts got a lot of business because people were wanting anything that was red, white and blue. We sold out of red, white and blue ribbon the night of 9-11...and from that we started to run out of red, white and blue fabric and yarn.

I wish I could remember what exactly happened the day they fired me. I was so surprised and in shock about it that I just remember them telling me that I was being fired. Other than that, I dont remember anything else that they told me. I havent had much luck with jobs since then. I worked for Hobby Lobby for about 5 months after leaving WM and quit that job because I knew they were about to let me and several other seasonal people go. Since then I havent been able to find another job. Good thing my parents are nice.

Comment

Quoth XCashier
        If you have Windows, click on Start, go to All Programs, then Accessories, then System Tools, and you'll find a thing called Character Map. It has all the fun symbols, including various money symbols (¢, £, ¥, ₤, €), fractions (⅓, ⅔, ¼, ½, ¾), letters from other languages, mathematical symbols, etc.
        Hahahahaha...that's fantastic! Thanks! (I should actually learn all the bells and whistles on this machine at some point...)

Anyway. At my store they'll see the wrong price the second it rings up and purposely wait until I've cashed the sale off to mention it. Doing it this way invokes the Scanning Code of Practice, and now they get their item for free. And head office wonders why shrink is as high as it is. *sigh*

Comment

When using the character map, make sure you're using a standard font (like aerial). Not all fonts use the same "symbols" outside the "letters and numbers".
          I've lost my mind ages ago. If you find it, please hide it.

Comment

I'm so glad that I can process sales adjustments right at my own register. So it doesn't bother me at all when they say something after the transaction. Plus, if it's because it's a signing error, like it usually is, I get to go rip the signing crew a new one. I really dislike our signing crew... they have this tendency to try and push their job on us.

Reality check for ISS, I get paid $4.50 an hour unless I sell. Soo... no, I won't do your job which you get paid $8-9 an hour to do.
            When will the fantasy end? When will the heaven begin?

Comment

Working...
            X