This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
    Good, I'm already afraid to cross the border as is.
    Awwwwwwwwww, man, I didn't mean to scare you to death. I apologize.

As long as its above the waist.

You know, that whole thing might become a minor classic amongst us.
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

As long as its above the waist. =p
      I told ya it was just a hug. So, yes, above the waist.

.... this time....

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

the teal haired goth chick known as blaqueKatt is less than 6 hours from Canada
        .....teal? Ok that I'd think I'd have to see. Nothing wrong with goth girls, its just the ones that cross the border into emo territory that are annoying. -.-

Awwwwwwwwww, man, I didn't mean to scare you to death. I apologize.
        I'm just teasing =p I wouldn't mind dropping in on one of the meets but I lack airfare and sufficient time off work.

.... this time....
        Becky will never live that down. I will personally make sure of it. <cough>

Comment

On mobile phones here, you can dial 000 or 112 (the number you're supposed to use) even if the phone is locked (ie, before the PUC is entered), even if the phone has no SIM card and even if the phone has no service from your carrier - it simply uses another carrier's infastructure.

It got very messy in the media though when a man died after calling an ambulance and stating his location (operators can automatically retreive location data for a landline, but not a mobile) - only to be told that said location (Grafton, on NSW's north coast) didn't exist, and did he mean a particular suburb of Sydney, 1000km away? Eventually he gave up and had a friend travel some distance to find a landline, in which time he died. Emergency service operators still cannot triangulate mobile phone cell data without a court order.
          Last edited by jb17kx; 07-07-2007, 04:23 AM. Reason: 112, not 122.
          I think, therefore I am. But I am micromanaged, therefore I am not.

Comment

Quoth Shengirl View Post
            Whoops! I got aaaaall mixed up. It's not a phone company, it's a power company:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/4078471a10.html
            This story has been getting loads of airtime here for the last month or so. A lot of stuff is not being reported though. This was the 4th power disconection for non-payment (the phone had also been disconected twice). The woman's two sons (one aged 20 and at college) sat with her for over 2 hours after disconnection before calling an ambulance!!

In 2001 the woman was given 3 years to live.

Sometimes shit just happens.

The Police have investigated and no charges are being laid.
            "I'm trying to manufacture sincerity." - Simon (Teachers)
            "Ok, you have to stop the Q-tip when there's resistance!" - Chandler (Friends)

Comment

I'm just teasing
              Good. I only like knowing I scare people when I'm PMSing. That's when it amuses me. Any other time, I feel bad.

Becky will never live that down. I will personally make sure of it. <cough>

Promise?!?!?
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper: Thus leaving you alone in the black, meaningless, vaguely cheddar scented void in which your life dwells.
                That cracked me up! I might have to steal that for everyday sentence use!
                "I used to be Snow White... but I drifted."~Mae West

Comment

Working...
                X