X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The stupid is strong in this one.

*sigh*

Me: Thank you for calling Bugaboo cell company, my name is TPG, my rep id is 12345, can I have the cell # you're calling about?

SC: uh...uh...123-456-7890...no wait...I mean 223.

Me: 223-456-7890?

SC: Yeah. Oh wait, 7899.

Me: I'm sorry?

SC: (very rudely) seven-eight-nine-nine. I ordered minutes and they are not on the phone yet. I need to make a call!

Me: Thank you. One moment while I look up your account. Ok, to complete your order I need to verify your identity as the authorized signer for the visa card.

SC: *sigh* fine. My social secutiy is blah-blah-blah, my name is John Doe, my bank account is thru idiots-R-us bank. What more do you need?

Me: Ok, what I'm gonna do is ask you one question based from your public records that only you should be able to answer. The question says 'What city is 222 main st in?' The first possible answer listed is Springfield, I just need a yes or a no.

SC: Huh?

Me: *repeat the question, slowly and carefully*

SC: 222 main st? 222 MAIN ST?

Me: Yes.

SC: 222 Main St? 222 Main St? 222 Main St? Where's that? 222 Main St?

Me: That's correct.

SC: (yelling) I TOLD YOU MY SOCIAL WAS BLAH BLAH BLAH YOU HAVE OBVIOUSLY PULLED UP THE WRONG PERSON I DON'T EVEN KNOW 222 MAIN ST! NOW FIX IT AND ASK ANOTHER QUESTION!

Me: OK, so you're not familiar with this address? (Note: this is the last possible answer listed for the question.)

SC: 222 Main St?

Me: Yes, sir.

SC: 222 Main St? 222 Main St? 222 Main ST?

Me *gritting teeth* Yes.

SC: Well what the hell is 222 Main St? I don't even know that address. Why the hell are you putting me through this? I just wanna put minutes on my damn phone!!!

Me: Ok, sir, the question has timed out. At this point I need to call your bank and have them verify your identity for me.

SC: 222 Main St? 222 Main St? Where the hell is that? Maybe that's my sister's address in Poughkeepsie or somethin'. 222 Main St?

Me: *pulling hard on my hair* Ok sir, that question is no longer valid, we only had a certain amount of time to answer it. I am going to try to call your bank now.

SC: WHY?!!! Why can't you just put minutes on my damn phone?

Me: Because your checking account number is not coming up in our system. I need to verify it before I can ok an order with it.

SC: 222 Main St? what the hell? Where the hell is that?

Me: I don't know sir.

SC; I want to talk to a supervisor, now. 222 Main St?

Me: Ok, hang on a moment. *call my lead and transfer the call*

Next thing I over hear is the lead repeating the address back to him in a subtle voice the customer doesnt realize is mocking: 222 Main St? 222 Main St? Sorry, sir I don't know what that is. Well if she asked you then it was a security question but I don't have access to it anymore. Sir, I do not have any way of figuring out how 222 Main St ended up as a security question. Those questions are based on public record. No sir, I don't know what that address is. 222 Main St? 222 Main St?

I swear to God I'm gonna hear it in my sleep today and shudder...222 Main St? 222 Main St?
    Because as we all know, on the Internet all men are men, all women are men and all children are FBI agents.

Quoth ThePhoneGoddess View Post
    SC: 222 Main St? 222 Main St? 222 Main ST?
    As I was reading that, I somehow heard it in my mind as being shouted in Ralph Kramden's voice!

Mike
    Meow.........

Comment

Oy, your reserve is stronger than mine! I'm not sure I would have hung on that long. What a dork that customer was.
      The universe is mostly empty space, and so is your job. ~Dilbert

Comment

Working...
      X