This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
    I'm housetrained! I can do dishes and laundry.....
    So can I!!! I know! We can be a team!!

Oh, well... I guess that means the wrestling is off the program, then.
    Well, can I wear a t-shirt and shorts?

Quoth Soulstealer View Post
    Well then you shouldn't have mentioned you had a couch or a bed. They don't seem to mind sharing one with you and they'd probably come in a group. Poor soon to be broken bed.

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
    I need to just stop talking. Its too dangerous.
    Not your fault. I'm the one who started it a few threads ago.
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

If you want to keep it continental, then you've got Jacksonville, FL, with 758.
      I think you mean "contiguous". Last time I checked, Alaska was still part of the continent.

Quoth myswtghst View Post
      At least she didn't say the Sox. And some of us better be exempt--I'm Chi-town born and raised, and I love my city, thankyouverymuch.
      Well, of course you're exempt! I hate Texans (Damntexans), too, but have made exceptions for individuals!

Sorry, don't really like the Sox either (but it's not "hate" like with the Cubs, or the Red Sox, for that matter!). I'm a Yankees fan. Well, actually, Derek Jeter, really.

My dislike of Chicago stems from my grandmother. My mom's family moved here from Gillespie, IL in, I think, 1961. Plus, the idiot woman I worked with for a few months in the Biology Dept main office at NMSU. She sat there one day and proceeded to tell me that we don't know how to make burritos here. When I asked her how they were supposed to be made, she started off with steak! I looked at her and said, "Sharon, where in the hell was a Mexican peasant supposed to get steak from? They were lucky to have a bit of cheese on occasion. Burritos are peasant food!" Of course, she also insisted on pronouncing the name Jorge (hor-hay) as "George" and I can't even remember how she butchered Aguirre Springs! She didn't like it here and finally went the hell back about 6 months later.

Quoth Jester View Post
      I remember the day well, and somewhere, probably back home in storage, I have a t-shirt commemorating it.

122 F in the shade.

And any smartass who says "Oh but it's a dry heat" needs to be reminded that first of all, technically speaking so is a convection oven, and secondly, we're talking about ONE HUNDRED TWENTY TWO DEGREES IN THE SHADE!
      Reminds me of the Summer of '94 in El Paso and Las Cruces. But the highest it hit down there was only 114F. Even so, I still do prefer having the dry heat. I just completely collapse if we get any humidity over about 20 percent.

I do remember one time when I was little the weather man on one of the El Paso stations (Ted Bender, I wonder if he's still alive? Hmmm.) He had something that had never happened before. It was the 10pm newscast and it was still 100F!

I need to just stop talking. Its too dangerous. -.-
      Babycakes, you passed dangerous a l-o-o-o-o-ng time ago. In fact, you're no longer in the same timezone! Now, do you sleep on the left or the right. Let me guess, straight down the middle! I'm sorry, I'll behave now!
      It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

GK, you are well past the point of no return. All you can do now is go to Ikea, get a few extra pillows, load the fridge up and prepare to have a fangirl party at your place

As for the heat thing, I was raised here, so my functional temperature range is pretty small (I have my fan blasting, my balcony wide open and I really don't care if my neighbours see me in my undies at this point).
        -"One ring to rule them all!"-Elias
        -Ask yourself, "WWRKHTSCCJ:TMD?"

Comment

Actaully, GK, you're pretty safe from me.
          I don't do cold weather. If it's below 60°F, I don't want to be there.
          It was 28 degrees here today. 28 degrees.. Around 34 inside. UGH. ( That's around 82F to 93F me thinks, for you yanks. ) If it hits 30, thats it, I'm completely helpless. I just laid down and made strange noises until it dropped below 30 again. Which wasn't until 9pm. Its still hovering around 25 out right now....<sob>. My computer's heat alarms went off at 2pm. ( 55c / 133f ambient case temp >< ).

If this is any indication of what the rest of the summer is like I'm going to try and convince management to let me live in the server room till October. =p

GK, you are well past the point of no return. All you can do now is go to Ikea, get a few extra pillows, load the fridge up and prepare to have a fangirl party at your place
          My fridge is empty because I was trying to see if it was physically possible to fit in it after taking out all the racks. -.-

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
            I think you mean "contiguous". Last time I checked, Alaska was still part of the continent.
            Nope. I mean continental. I know that Alaska is attached to the North American continent, but I was using it in the same context as those offers that are "valid in the continental US."

Quoth BusBus View Post
            As for the heat thing, I was raised here, so my functional temperature range is pretty small (I have my fan blasting, my balcony wide open and I really don't care if my neighbours see me in my undies at this point).
            I figure if they cover as much as my bathing suit, it's good enough for wandering around inside the apartment. Way too hot to be wearing pants all evening, especially with both computers running.

If this is any indication of what the rest of the summer is like I'm going to try and convince management to let me live in the server room till October. =p

My fridge is empty because I was trying to see if it was physically possible to fit in it after taking out all the racks. -.-
            Aww... you poor thing.

Fans are your friend. Even if the rest of the place is too hot, you can make the spot you actually sit in bearable with a fan or two.

Also, if your computer is suffering, you might want to look into extra fans inside. I recently got one that attaches to the side of my hard drive because my mini case has poor cooling. Now my drives no longer overheat. Nekojin got one that basically goes in the same position as a card would and is attached to the back of the case. I'm considering getting one of those as well since I think my video card also gets too hot.

Oh! And another good thing about fangirl.... We can be literal fan girls. You know, with big palm fronds and such to make sure your body temperature stays within acceptable levels.

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Also, if your computer is suffering, you might want to look into extra fans inside. I recently got one that attaches to the side of my hard drive because my mini case has poor cooling. Now my drives no longer overheat. Nekojin got one that basically goes in the same position as a card would and is attached to the back of the case. I'm considering getting one of those as well since I think my video card also gets too hot.

Oh! And another good thing about fangirl.... We can be literal fan girls. You know, with big palm fronds and such to make sure your body temperature stays within acceptable levels.

^-.-^

I'm a raging computer geek, so yes, it already has extra fans. They just weren't helping. Just not enough air flow through this place ( Was no breeze at all yesterday ). As for fan fans, yes, they are my friend, but mine broke. >.>
              Yesterday was rather unusual temp wise for Vancouver. We don't usually get that bad in the summer that I can recall. Hot yes, but not 34 degrees inside with all the windows open and fans on hot.

I could not subject my fangirls to menial labour of any sort. -.-

Comment

even here in Calgary, its too warm.

i will stop breathing at 40 degrees, i get drowsy around 35 degrees.

I remember going to Texas a few years ago, during a 'cold snap'... which meant it was 40 degrees out. x.x Crazy Texans.
                Do radioactive cats have 18 half-lives?

Comment

Sooooooooo...can you?

Do you think GK would prefer ostrich or peacock feathers?
                  Unseen but seeing
                  oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                  There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                  3rd shift needs love, too
                  RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Noelegy View Post
                    My ex-sister-in-law used to live there (that sounds like the beginning of a joke) and I remember that what she liked the most about it was that it was laid out in a grid, so it was easy to find your way around.

I've been to Tempe for a convention and thought the countryside was lovely, although I don't know that I'd want to live there. I need trees.
                    The grid does make it easy to get around for all but the most directionally challenged (i.e., my mother).

And we have trees. Palm trees, cacti, and even some "tree" trees. Just not as many as, say, Flagstaff or Oregon.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                    Still A Customer."

Comment

This isn't really what I had in mind when I expressed a wish to have a pet.
                      Well, perhaps one of us could keep *you* as a pet, instead?

Comment

Quoth morgana View Post
                        Well, perhaps one of us could keep *you* as a pet, instead?
                        I'll pass on that one. Kitties won't like the competition.
                        -"One ring to rule them all!"-Elias
                        -Ask yourself, "WWRKHTSCCJ:TMD?"

Comment

I could not subject my fangirls to menial labour of any sort. -.-
                          Aww... that's so sweet!

*adds yet another reason on why to be one of GK's fangirls*

^-.-^
                          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                          X