This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Crow The Robot View Post
    I am getting cats out of the corral, when, one of them yells, "Hey Ya wanna move the cart machine like maybe today?????" so I ty and move it with the remote it doesn't budge, I go back to check the macine and i find that somone turne it off. As I turning it back on, the same SC says, "Oh, i turned it off the lights were giving me a headache."
    She shuts off the machine, then yells at you to move it out of her way. That is a Special Kind of Stupid, with a side of Arrogance. That deserves the seafood sampler:

Quoth Crow The Robot View Post
    Near the cart door, we have a water cooler for the stockmen, and iother employees who are outside for any length of time. Now maybe I'm overreacting just a tad, but I HATE IT when customers use the cooler w/o asking. ...One lady filled up 3 water bottles and said we we trying to rip her off by selling bottled water.
    "Dad burn, that there water is so danged expensive! Sixty-four whole cents!"
    "Yep, you said it. I know, let's take the water from the employees' cooler! They don't need it, it's not like they're human or anything!"

I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

On shopping carts:

I stopped at the store on my way home (hoping they would have frozen yogurt on sale for my mom, since we were having banana splits for dinner; they didn't but we made do with ice cream ) and I pulled into a spot next to one of the little "islands" in the lot (it was on my driver's side). As I started to turn into it I saw there were about 4 carts (all "stacked" together) in the corner of the space next to the concrete frame of the island, but I had enough room to get my little car in there so I just parked. In front of the island was one of those kiddie car carts. When I got back to my car, there was another one of those kiddie car carts on the side of the island, next to the trunk of my car, which started to roll as I squeezed past it. Luckily it stopped and didn't hit my car. And where was the cart corral? About 2 spaces down across the lane, maybe 35 feet or so.

On water:

OK, if you are on the verge of heat stroke, have some water...if not, go buy it! Or go home and get it from your sink...

I usually drink filtered water from my fridge-door dispenser, and there are water coolers all over the place at work (which are hooked into the building's tap water system and the ones in the lunchrooms dispense hot and cold filtered water).

I was watching 60 Minutes last night and Andy Rooney's segment was about bottled water. He was commenting on how all the women on his floor at work have bottles on their desks, and how much they pay for it in the cafeteria, showing the Poland Spring bottles on several desks, and talking about how the water fountain, which is clean, cold, and tastes perfectly fine, is never used. Then they made up a label for a bottle of "Andy Rooney Water" (or something like that) with his picture on it, and instead of "mountain spring water" it was "Natural Fountain Water"...as he was filling it at the water fountain he was saying he was going to see if he could sell it for a buck-35.
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
        I was watching 60 Minutes last night and Andy Rooney's segment was about bottled water. He was commenting on how all the women on his floor at work have bottles on their desks, and how much they pay for it in the cafeteria, showing the Poland Spring bottles on several desks, and talking about how the water fountain, which is clean, cold, and tastes perfectly fine, is never used.
        Slightly OT, but Poland Spring is the best bottled water I've ever had! Discovered it on a visit to New York (which really doesn't need bottled water, as their tap water is quite good), haven't been able to find it anywhere else.

When we lived in Phoenix, the tap water was awful. Cloudy, smells and tastes like it came from a heavily chlorinated swimming pool and leaves thick white mineral deposits all over the shower heads and faucet taps. We always had to buy bottled water, and we sure could've used some of that Poland Spring. Thankfully, the water in Eugene is almost as good as the water in New York.
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I thought Poland Spring was a national brand...huh.

Did you know that Poland Spring comes to you straight from Maine?

We had to filter the water at my ex's place, because the area has really hard water so it doesn't taste that great (and the orange buildup around the bathroom drains doesn't really make you want to drink too much of it, either). My house is about 20 minutes away but the water's a lot better. For some reason, though, the tap water in my bathroom tastes better to me than the kitchen tap...odd...
          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Any thought about putting an "Employees Only" sign on the water cooler? I know it won't deter them all but.....
            -"One ring to rule them all!"-Elias
            -Ask yourself, "WWRKHTSCCJ:TMD?"

Comment

Quoth BusBus View Post
              Any thought about putting an "Employees Only" sign on the water cooler? I know it won't deter them all but.....
              It wont, we had that on our cooler, when I was a cart guy at WalMart.

I hated it, when the customers would take cups of water without asking. I also hated when the carts would be touching a car, and it is automatically the fault of the cart guys( Had some guy bitch about that to me ). I hated it, the customers would touch the cart machine, and if they turned it off. I always left it alone for about 3 minutes, and all the while, letting them know, not to do it again. Or I will tell them that the battery always die, and that they better be lucky, that it don't.
              Under The Moon Paranormal Research
              San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

It would be great if they installed PIN access, I can just see all the idiots angrily pressing away at the cooler (*wrinkled brow* "duuuuh?") and then stomping up and demanding you give them the PIN!

We had a similar situation with the employee locker room at the coffee chain I worked at - customers who just assumed we had a toilet in there would rattle persistently at the door (whilst I was getting changed behind it...unnerving) and then march up to the counter "I need you to open up that door at the back for me! Give me the pass code!"

There's a lock on the door for a reason.

Comment

On the cart machine I would've done this.

"Wait... you turned it off? Well I hope you know the security codes to turn it back on, because only my manager has them and he/she is in florida on vacation this week. *Crappy explanation* Ma'am I don't care why you turned it off. You turned it off, I can't turn it back on and the person that knows how to turn it on isn't here. Whose fault is it that it's stuck infront/behind your car right now?"

Comment

Namrepus, that's evil. I like it.
                    Unseen but seeing
                    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                    3rd shift needs love, too
                    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                    X