Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At our cinema, bringing your own food is not discouraged.

In fact if someone comments about the prices without being to aggressive or blaming me, I will tell them that they can bring their own food. They often say, 'Oh, we aren't that organised.' Or, 'But its not the same'.
    "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Meh. At our cinemas, you pay R40 a ticket, and then about R30 for a large coke and popcorn. So for one person, that's R70 - about $10
      And you are NOT allowed to bring food in from anywhere else. At all. Ever.
      The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

It used to be that you were never allowed to bring in outside food into a theater.

Over time, that's relaxed a lot. These days, most places won't care much if you're discreet. Others don't care at all. Honestly, people who are going to buy the concession stand food will do so regardless of whether outside food is available or not and people who will bring in outside food will do so regardless of whether it's allowed or not.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth iradney View Post
          Meh. At our cinemas, you pay R40 a ticket, and then about R30 for a large coke and popcorn. So for one person, that's R70 - about $10
          And you are NOT allowed to bring food in from anywhere else. At all. Ever.
          Yeah... around here, the ticket alone costs $10. If I could pay that little for the movie and the snackage, I totally would, but sodas start at $3 and only go up from there.
          Jim: Fact: Bears eat beets. Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.
          Dwight: Bears don't eat bee... Hey! What are you doing?
          The Office

Comment

Working...
          X