This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I WANT that for 86 cents!

This happened a few weeks ago on a Sunday afternoon at the grocery store. I look up to find a customer arguing with a cashier and front end manager on the express lane, and she kept saying '86 cents, that's what it says and I want it for that!' FEM gets tired of fussing with her and calls a manager, who we'll call Joe, because he's rather cool.

Joe comes over, assesses situation. Lady has a steak that is ringing up for $7.86 and she insists that isn't right because the price tag says .86. He tells her that the rest of the price probably rubbed off, and that she could not have it for that price because 'that is way too low for steak, ma'am.' She kept on bitching at him, only to have him say "Well, sorry about that" and walk away calmly.

I was shocked and amazed to see he actually had a backbone about the situation.

Oh yeah, the lady was also someone I recognized from my Hell-Mart days as a person who would 'forget' to pay for stuff under her cart when she used the self checkouts.
    The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

One woman tried rearranging the sale stickers on the meat to get steaks for the price of, like, on-sale ground beef.

Comment

Stupid, stupid, stupid people. Do NOT try to obviously switch the prices on steaks. Unless it's hella expensive. (J/K, btw...)

Stick to putting clearance stickers on regular priced clothing at KMart or something.
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post

Stick to putting clearance stickers on regular priced clothing at KMart or something.
        When I was at Hell-Mart, a guy once came through my line and I noticed that his George Foreman grill rang up for $1.50. And a $40 knife set for 50 cent. I went about explaining that they rang up wrong and did them for the correct prices, and suddenly he remembered that his credit card didn't work and he took off.

Comment

Heh.

You know, SCs really live up to their names, but they DO provide for good posts, don't they?
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

They make our days interesting, at least. And swapping stories is wonderfully therapeutic

Comment

Working...
            X