X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Signs of the times...

There was a store I would frequent that had a sign that I liked:

ATTENTION

There are no magnetic tags or other electronic security measures on our merchandise. We also do not carry out any in-store video or audio surveillance on these premises.

We have absolutely nothing against shoplifters.

However, the gentleman across the street with the high-powered sniper rifle has some definite views on the matter...
    Experience is knowing how not to get your teeth kicked in - again. -- The Freethinker

"And that... entitles you to no mercy at all, no matter what." -- from Going Postal by Terry Pratchett

Comment

ATTENTION CUSTOMERS!!!

These are the rules by which you will abide by when you enter the supermarket.

1. You get what you give out.
      Therefore, if what you give out is rudeness, surlyness and abuse, that's what you'll get in return.

2. You keep your kids with you at all times.
      Any unattended children we find will be sold into slavery.

3. Heelies are banned, as are cellphones.
      Anyone using one of the banned items will have said item removed from them and hit with a sledgehammer right in front of them to push the message home.
      People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
      My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post

.. and the removed "heelies" may be used for demonstration purposes in our chipper-shredder department.
        Aww, you're no fun. I'd feed them into the still attached to the wearer.

But then again there are some things wrong with me.
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I'd love to see this one at work.

ATTENTION!
          READING THE SIGNS POSTED CLEARLY IN STORE (INCLUDING THIS ONE) CLEARLY, CAREFULLY AND FULLY WILL PREVENT STRESS TO YOU, THE STAFF AND OTHER CUSTOMERS.

IF YOU MAKE A STUPID MISTAKE THAT COULD HAVE BEEN SOLVED BY READING THE SINGS CORRECTLY, WE WILL LAUGH AT YOU BEHIND YOUR BACK.

DELIVERY DAYS ARE WEDNESDAYS, AND THURSDAYS FOR CHILLED AND FROZEN. IF WE ARE OUT OF STOCK, THATS YOUR NEXT CHANCE TO GET IT. WE CANNOT MAKE SPECIAL ORDERS FOR ANYONE, ESPECIALLY NOT YOU.

SALE ITEMS RUN OUT BECAUSE OTHER PEOPLE BUY THEM.

THANKYOU
          Deepak Chopra says, "Fear deprives people of choice. Fear shrinks the world into isolated, defensive enclaves. Fear spirals out of control. Fear makes everyday life seem clouded over with danger.

Comment

To Our Valued Customers

We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason.

You reserve the right to deal with it.

You reserve the right to act like an idiot, jerk, moron, or any other unpleasant character trait.

We reserve the right to laugh at you when you leave.
            (And that's not an empty threat. We WILL laugh at you.)

I had a conversation with a customer yesterday about unpleasant customers. This person worked retail for several years (so he said), so he knew all about it. We agreed that everyone should be told: if you go into a store and do something stupid or throw a tantrum, you can be assured that the employees are talking about you, laughing at you, and possibly posting stories about you on the internet when you leave. I wonder if people would act differently if they knew this...
            I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
            - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
            - IPF

Comment

WARNING!
              Prices have been known to increase upon customer rudeness or abuse.

I used to pull that all the time with exceptionally rude or abusive customers. Any time someone tried to haggle with me, the prices kept going up to the point where they'd get pissed off and walk out.

Comment

One I saw a few years ago, in "Car and Driver" of all things..

Complaint Department.

The new head of our Complaint Department is Mrs. Helen Waite. If you start complaining to our Employees or management, then they are instructed to send you to Helen Waite.
                Just sliding down the razor blade of life.

Comment

Quoth HawaiianShirts View Post
                  To Our Valued Customers

We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason.
                  I don't like this at all. I can just see some racist, bigot, homophobic, misogynistic, etc... turning away a customer for an unfair reason. No you shouldn't be able to turn away or refuse a customer "just because". There has to be an actual reason that doesn't involve discrimination like being a total asshole. Then I say go right ahead and kick them out. Also, don't forget to laugh about them behind their back.

Comment

Peligro!

We are unable to hold unpaid merchandise. Please do your comparison shopping someplace else
                    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Working...
                    X