This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth ladodger34 View Post
    Just as an added bonus (I looked it up on Google and I heard it through a doctor last week when I spent many, many hours at the hospital with my girlfriend) mono is spread through saliva. That's why it's called the "kissing disease." As I heard the doctor explain it (cause the girl was all worried), you can get it alot of ways like at a food establishment that didn't properly wash their dishes (utensils, glasses, etc). I believe that he said it had to be passed saliva-saliva though.
    It is passed saliva-saliva, but it's a virus, it can spread thru the air too. I'm of the opinion that I got mono from some customer who didnt wash his hands, or had handed me spitty money...but there is a chance that I got it from just going out shopping.

I had started showing mono symptoms just before christmas 1995...didnt realize till the middle of january that I was really sick. So sick that I burst into tears when the new owner of the McD's I worked at asked me to clean the breakroom some other nimrod had trashed. (ketchup on the walls!! mustard on the floor!!) I was so exhausted and didnt realize there was something wrong with me until that day when I kept bursting into tears for no reason. (well, that new owner was a prick...so him being there was probably a good reason for me to be crying)

Comment

Quoth Erin View Post
      It is passed saliva-saliva, but it's a virus, it can spread thru the air too. I'm of the opinion that I got mono from some customer who didnt wash his hands, or had handed me spitty money...but there is a chance that I got it from just going out shopping.
      According to the CDC:

"Transmission of this virus through the air or blood does not normally occur." So yeah, it could happen through the air, but mono isn't an airborne virus.

Comment

Quoth Discourtesy Clerk View Post

I do that at the movies sometimes. I have a bad habit of holding things in my mouth (like pens, notes, small things I'm using at the time...), and if I'm digging in my purse for something or other, the ticket's gonna go there. Fortunately, I'm not too nasty about it - I only use my teeth to get a hold on a small corner, so it's not soaked in drool or anything. And I only bite down on the stub side, so the ticket taker doesn't have to keep my saliva. I don't usually even realise I'm doing it, because I've done it since I was a little kid, but I guess now I'll be a bit more conscious about that.

I never, ever, EVER put money in my mouth, though. Eeeurgh.
        I don't even use my teeth to hold an object in my mouth if I can possibly help it. I use my lips, and make sure everything stays as dry as possible for the duration.
        "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
          No offense, but I'm glad I wasn't a later customer, getting that money as change for a purchase...
          Think of it this way: That infected money touched other money in the till, thereby infecting it. The newly infected money goes to customers who spend it at and x amount of stores, infecting a y amount of new money...

"... and THAT, Timmy, is why you should NEVER put money in your mouth!"
          The only thing wrong with society is the people in it.

Comment

I saw this old man in the line picking his nose. His finger clear up to his brain. Digging for gold. Anyway, he comes to my window and I try as hard as I can NOT to touch the booger and what happens? I happen to grab the corner that he wiped the huge greeny on. My gag reflexes almost got the best of me. Luckily we keep the hand wipe packets up at the frontline. Usually for the "guests" but we use them from time to time.

Comment

Quoth RailroadMonster View Post
              Think of it this way: That infected money touched other money in the till, thereby infecting it. The newly infected money goes to customers who spend it at and x amount of stores, infecting a y amount of new money...
              Does anyone remember the Upright Citizens Brigade, and the ass-penny sketch?

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...+pennies&hl=en
              http://www.vilecity.com/index.php?r=221271
              Cyberpunk mayhem!

Comment

I'll admit to holding my cash in my mouth when I'm juggling stuff like that, but I suck my lips into my mouth and hold the cash with the skin above and below the lips...this way the money doesn't get the least little bit of spit on it.
                I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

Quoth Jet View Post
                  When I was a grocery cashier I had a few times when I was paid from a womans bra
                  Heh. This is very, very common in this country.
                  AND the majority of women who put money in their bras are very, very old women.

Imagine handling bills that's been in contact with sagging, wrinkled boobies
                  -It's only after you've lost everything that you're free to do anything.
                  -I see the strongest and smartest men who have ever lived. And these men are pumping gas and waiting tables.-Fight Club

Comment

The two worse thing's I've had:

A streak of blood on the dollar bill. Gagged. Called the manager after the guy left. The manager had to take the dollar out of the till.

Someone had their money in their sock. Took off their shoe and sock. She had to reach to the very bottom of her sock to retrieve her money.

With the money-in-the-bra deal, happens all the time.

Hasn't anyone every heard of a wallet, or even a purse? For crying out loud. For as much as they spend on stupidity, they could have a nice money carrying device by now!
                    At the end of the day, customers are NOT always right.

Comment

Quoth Jet View Post
                      When I was a grocery cashier I had a few times when I was paid from a womans bra
                      I've had that from a really old lady, in August. Eew, old lady boob sweat.
                      Proud to be a Walmart virgin.

Comment

Quoth Jet View Post
                        Would it be better coming from a man's bra?

I could, you know, help in research?

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
                          Would it be better coming from a man's bra?

I could, you know, help in research?

Rapscallion
                          With fur?

Comment

Always with fur, but on the inside.

Rapscallion

Comment

I've had the bra thing happen, normally that doesn't bug me that much. The worst I've had though, was a lady who kept it someplace unmentionable. (Below waist) I kid you not, the register smelled strange for DAYS.
                              Learn wisdom by the follies of others.

Comment

Working...
                              X