Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Important Public Service Announcement....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This whole thread reminds me of two things.

1. I am so thankful I am out of school.

2. I am even more thankful that I don't work retail. Restaurants and bars don't have to deal with this back to school shit.

For my fellow CSers that are in retail, I would suggest self-medication with the spirit(s) of your choice for the next month or so.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Shabo
      Oh noes! These people are stealing my organization ideas!

I tend to go with a theme for my folders and notebooks. One year I did all horses, one year I did colors, one year I did funny pictures... For notebooks, now that I'm in college, I get a notebook with the number of classes I have on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, and another for the classes I have on Tuesdays and Thursdays. For example, if I have 3 classes on Mon/Weds/Fre, I get a 3 subject. If I have 2 on Tues/Thurs, I get 2 one subjects. All separate notebooks have separate colors. Makes my life sooooo much easier. I also write all the subjects on everything I own, so it helps me remember what color/picture goes with what. (I'm a little anal-retentively organized when it comes to schoolwork...)
      Is your real name Hermione?
      "We go through our careers and things happen to us. Those experiences made me what I am."-Thomas Keller

Comment

Lol, no, but thanks...

I'm just an organized muggle.
        Jim: Fact: Bears eat beets. Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.
        Dwight: Bears don't eat bee... Hey! What are you doing?
        The Office

Comment

This post just reminded me of a song...

"I'm a 21st century digital boy... I don't know how to read, but I got a lotta toys!"
          Bad Religion FTW!

My daddy's a lazy middle-class intellectual, my mommy's on valium, so ineffectual....
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

This thread amuses me because I would color-code my subjects from about 8th grade on for myself.

But more because my mom color-codes her subjects. She's a teacher. Only way she knows what is going on with "red" math class vs "green." That's the only subject she teaches more than one class in, but the others have their own colors too. She even does major printouts on colored paper to match. She does request that the kids have folders that match that subject's color - but she'll go and buy *tons* at stores when they are on a good sale so if the kids can't find them, they can get them from her at cost.

Comment

I have to laugh at how jacked this thread got . . .it started out by a worker complaining about stock not meeting demand . . .with a bit of a question as to why specific color even mattered.
              It has almost turned into a debate about teachers/ schools requiring specific supplies.
              I enjoy that people have differing opinions . . .part of what makes the world entertaining.

Comment

Well, it would possibly help the stocking situation if ALL the teachers weren't requiring ALL the students to purchase the SAME thing....in the SAME color... and requiring it all at the SAME time...

That's how my train of thought goes, anyway...

Parents should realize there will be slim pickings on things in general since, well, everyone needs them.

But if Johnny could have say, a Green folder, instead of absolutely having to have Purple, it wouldn't be such a big deal if the store ran out of Purple folders...they'd still have other folders for parents to choose from.
                I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

Working...
                X