X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Co-worker lost it

This should maybe go under sightings.

Monday night is not a busy time at all at the bar, we are seriously lucky if we get about a dozen customers during the whole night. So, the manager only put down two people to work, me and a co-worker. She's a respectable lady in her 40's, and she has recently handed in her notice because she was sick of being treated like a dog at work.

For some reason, the bar got insanely busy, and with only two people down to work, it was a struggle. Fortunately, our delivery guy didn't turn up for some reason, which meant we had so little food that there was no point in serving it, so we only had drinks to worry about. We decided to concentrate on serving the customers at the bar. Cleaning could wait until the rush had died down.

A woman came up to the bar, and spoke to my co-worker.

SC: Excuse me! But do you mind cleaning up those tables! *points to a few tables with dirty glasses* The place is a fucking disgrace! Get some fucking cleaning done!
    CW: Excuse me! Do you mind not talking to me like that!
    SC: Well I wouldn't need to if you would just do your job right!
    CW: Well, you can see how busy we are, there are only two of us on, we are trying to get everyone served, we are on our own here, we're doing the best we can.
    SC: Well, what the fuck are you doing standing around talking to me for! Do your job you lazy bitch!

Co-worker lost it. She stuck her fingers up, right into the customers face.

CW: Fuck you! You fucking bitch! Get the fuck out of this bar!

SC went pale.

CW: YOU HEARD ME! GET THE FUCK OUT! GET THE FUCK OUT NOW!

At this point every customer is staring at the two of them. The woman turned on the spot and just ran out the door.

I sent my co-worker on a break, luckily the huge line of customers understood. She's quite popular with the customers, so they all offered to buy her drinks.

Ain't it sweet when you can blow away the SC's belief that you will grovel and take whatever they dish out rather than risk losing your job?
    "Ignorance is no excuse for a law."
    .................................................. ..................- Alfred E. Newman

Comment

It is a thing of beauty when one of these douchbags practically pees on themselves when they realize the person they are abusing does NOT have to take it? Cowardly, yellow-spined, (insert long string of mumbled expletives and insults here.)....

Comment

Ya know...you reap what you sow. So if you get snotty with someone and belittle them and swear at them, you should NOT be surprised to get the same treatment back with interest at some point.
        Seriously.
        Give your coworker a hug from me. And a chocolate. I like her already....
        The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

"Well, yes, I can see you got lots of customers, but I'm the only one who matters! You do what I tell you to do, and I'll yell a lot of obscenities at you to show you how tough I am! Now hop to it, slave!" Gaah, what a harridan. She needs to be stuck in a customer service situation, with SCs barking demands at her like that.
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Mad props to your coworker and all the UNDERSTANDING customers.
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
            X