Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Reprieve - or - What constitutes a SC?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Reprieve - or - What constitutes a SC?

So I was poking around on MSN on the last few minutes of my day today, killing time, and remembered a post from a while back that cursed MSN for posting an article on how consumers can get deals on just about anything. Frankly it included a lot of tips that would get you blacklisted, and most (if not all) would piss off the Pope at some point. Imagine my delight at this article:

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com...dCustomer.aspx

Finally a story about what being an SC can do to you...

Hooray for the reprieve!
    I know I'm laughing but it's really not funny. - Me
    "I was in the hall. I know, because I was there." - Clue

That was an interesting read ... thanks for posting the link

You know, I really wish someone would do an expose on those self-important, irritating, annoying, abusive, etc., customers and the poor unfortunate wage-slaves who don't even get paid enough to take that kind of crap from anyone. You know, like have someone wired with a cam go undercover and work a few different entry-level jobs, like food service, retail associate (toy store, book store, electronics store, etc.), hotel service.

Sometimes, I just wish these people could be forced see and hear themselves. Better yet, make THEM wait on customers just like themselves for a living.
    I love mankind ... it's people I can't stand. -- Linus Van Pelt

Comment

Quoth Ill_Used_Heroine View Post
      That was an interesting read ... thanks for posting the link

You know, I really wish someone would do an expose on those self-important, irritating, annoying, abusive, etc., customers and the poor unfortunate wage-slaves who don't even get paid enough to take that kind of crap from anyone. You know, like have someone wired with a cam go undercover and work a few different entry-level jobs, like food service, retail associate (toy store, book store, electronics store, etc.), hotel service.

Sometimes, I just wish these people could be forced see and hear themselves. Better yet, make THEM wait on customers just like themselves for a living.
      We can only dream

Comment

It'll never happen, but it's a nice thought.
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I read that yesterday and almost posted a link to it here. So many of the MSN Money articles are about how to be an SC in the face of the 'evil' companies, so this one made me smile. It's good to see someone pointing out that bad behavior sooner or later will bite you in the ass.
          I know nothing and I can prove it!

Comment

Now that's an idea for a reality show that I'd actually watch.
            "Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard fillings"-Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

We could call it "A Day in My Shoes", except it'd definetly be more than a day.

Kind of like Morgan Spurlock's "30 days" show in which someone has a lifestyle change for 30 days.

30 days in which some self righteous asswipe has to work at the local Wal-Mart as a cashier. 30 days in which a bigwig at my factory has to put themselves in our slip-proof steel toes and get their hands and clothes dirty (God forbid!).

I'd sacrifice a night off and do overtime if I could personally witness something like that. It'd be like putting a mouse in a hungry snake's tank.
              You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Somebody should seriously write that up and submit it somewhere. We've already got shows about living in other circumstances and doing things you wouldn't normally do. How about one where people who have had money all their lives and been handed an expensive education and gone straight into a white collar entry level position get to spend a month working behind the counter?

Basically have some prep go through the standard sub-standard training and left to fail- ... er, sorry... and left to fend out on the sales floor or behind the counter. Popular choices include Walmart or any big box, McDonalds, or any other corporate chain fast food place, and EB Games, or any other typical electronics/console store. Maybe we could work on them while their still not quite set in their ways and a little bit of understanding could go a long way.

End of Line.

^-.-^
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

So then the real question is, who's gonna write the proposal and submit it to FOX? You know they'd eat that reality show up...
                  I know I'm laughing but it's really not funny. - Me
                  "I was in the hall. I know, because I was there." - Clue

Comment

Odd, thought I'd already posted this article:

http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...ad.php?t=14405

Different web address, but practically the same article as it turns out.
                    Happiness is the exercise of vital powers along lines of excellence in a life affording you scope.

Comment

I saw that article yesterday...is that not the best article ever?

As I've said before I work for a cell phone company, in a retail store (kiosk). My supervisor got an email a few weeks back about that Sprint (not my company btw) banning customers for using the customer service line too much. He thought it was horrible for Sprint to do that--and laughed about their 'idiocy'. I said "Dude, have you EVER worked in a call center?" "no?" I said "Then you don't see the humor in that......When people call in to call centers, they think they can say whatever they want to to the rep--including issuing death threats-- and they can't do a damn thing about it...Sprint is showing them NO THEY CAN'T! I love it!!"

OMG someone, seriously, call Fox. That would be the best show ever. I think, have hidden cameras on the SCs....then when they leave, tell them they were taping for a show and see if they would want to be a part of it. I also think the person who had the SC should get a shot at them. It would be great therapy.....not to mention hilarious to make the SC go crying for their mommies.
                      Oh, "Blah blah blah 'Your Needs'!"

Comment

Working...
                      X