Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hit on, yelled at and sworn to secrecy on the same day (LONG)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hit on, yelled at and sworn to secrecy on the same day (LONG)

Most of the customers at the "Health and Beauty" store I work at are fairly white-bread; snobs, privilaged teenage girls, middle aged trophy wives. So these three were a bit of a shock to my system.

ONE: The Sleaze.
    I've heard people say on here say that they don't mind getting hit on, and I usually don't really mind a bit of harmless flirting from the occasional young guy (or girl) who wanders through.

But this guy was
    a) In his fifties at least (I'm many years underage)
    b) buying laxatives and condoms (ewwww...)
    c) With his F^@#^#(*$ WIFE

SC: Hey there, cutie. What you doing later? (winks, leers, makes his intended meaning clear)
    Me: (eh?) Good morning sir!
    SC: Pretty thing like you must have a boyfriend. YOu like older guys?
    Me: (I just look at him, then at his wife)
    Wife: (Embarrassed) Dear, can we please go?

They left. When I went home I took a looong shower.

TWO: The Harpy.
    It's part of company policy to ask the customers if they have a store loyalty card. Some people take offence to this.

Me: Hello! How's your day been?
    Harpy: *grumble*
    Me: (Uh-oh) Do you have a club card at all?
    Harpy: I MOST CERTAINLY DO NOT!
    Me: ...I'm sorry?
    Harpy: WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT! YOU UNGRATEFUL...

She stomped out. I stood there, open mouthed for a moment, her almost-purchases still at the register. I think I must have looked completely bemused and upset, cause my next few customers went out of their way to be nice, Bless them.

THREE: The ... I'm not even sure what to call this nut job.
    He came and stood in my line (it was about three people long) without any kind of purchase.

Me: Hi, how can I help you?
    Weirdo: You can't.
    Me:
    Weirdo: I just had to warn someone that they are coming.
    Me:...Who are coming?
    Weirdo: They are. But don't tell anyone!
    Me:...I won't.
    Weirdo: You promise?
    Me:Yes, I promise.

He then left, leaving me and four or five customers staring after him.

I work 8 hours tomorrow.
    I'm busy, you're an idiot, have a nice day

At least I shall die as I have lived; completely surrounded by morons.

That poor woman with the old lecher. Maybe They will get him.

Comment

Was the third weirdo a black guy and chanting "O-Qua Tangin Wann"??? If so he could have been Riley Martin!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Riley_Martin

Comment

They are legion. They are Tim. They come to your gas stations and pharmacies and grocery stores to buy cigarettes. They do not have I.D., they will not show you I.D., and their wrath shall be felt by all asking for their I.D. All places that do not sell cigarettes shall have their managers descended upon, as like so many vultures they attack with screeching threats of angry letters to corporate, and retribution from friends/family/imaginary people higher on the corporate ladder if the manager does not go go to the back and get cigarettes to sell.

The end of days has truly come. Repent! (And restock the King Ultralight filters)
        Check out my webcomic!

Comment

I thought that I was the only one who knew that they were coming. And that they are out to get everyone who suffers from paranoia. WATCH OUT THEY'RE BEHIND YOU!!! *Runs and screams*
          It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office.
          ~~~H.L. Mencken

Comment

Quoth Nox View Post
            Me:
            You promised not to tell!

How could you?

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

If I were in a foul mood at that last call, I would've just called the police, considering it a "threatening" call.
              I've been here for two years, work harder than most others, and I'm getting paid $1.80 an hour
              less than the 17 year old slacker you hired two months ago. Maybe that's why I'm not chipper at work.

Comment

Quoth Nox View Post
                SC: Pretty thing like you must have a boyfriend. You like older guys?
                Yes I have a boyfriend and he's two years older than me. He's also 6'5 and he owns some rather sharp tools if you know what I mean.

Me:
                Don't tell me that company isn't coming! I have to clean the house and prepare food for them if they are coming! I can't be rude to our friendly visitors.
                The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

Quoth Nox View Post
                  THREE: The ... I'm not even sure what to call this nut job.
                  He came and stood in my line (it was about three people long) without any kind of purchase.

Me:
                  I had one of those at the movie theater. He seemed to be a textbook paranoid, but for some reason, he trusted me. Every time he came in, he would tell me how THEY were always trying to get him into trouble with young girls. He never elaborated much more than that, but it never failed to fill me in on everything THEY were doing to him.

I seem to be a weirdo magnet. Why, God, why?

Comment

Being hit on at work provides amusement if anything for me. But it never seems to be really creepy. Except for when this woman was telling me about how she couldn't wait for her divorce to finalize while her kid was running around. Really attractive...
                    "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

I've had a very creepy guy hit on me at work. It's nice to get hit on, but when I tell you I have a significant other lined up I expect you to stop! I do not want to hear your idea of how to "get rid of him" or convert me to you! It's very weird!

After they pull lines like that, I get a little paranoid whenever they come in to shop again. I am also very weirda bout giving my cell phone number to customers. I had a customer call me at home on my cell phone once while I was sleeping (8 AM) wondering if his computer was done. My mistake for using my cell to call his house to ask him to bring in recovery discs but...

Comment

Working...
                      X