Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My state has one area code too. I always wanted to slap people who do this...

Me: What's your phone number? (and yes, they're in my state)
    Moron: You want the area code too?

Or this one:

Me: "What's your phone number?"
    Moron: 304-48...wait do you want the area code?
    OK skippy you just gave it to me sooooooooo sure--knock yourself out.
    Oh, "Blah blah blah 'Your Needs'!"

Comment

I think some people are confused. Tim was the attendant, NOT the caller. Tim's a fucker for asking for ID, not for not having it.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled GK worshipping.
      Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
        There's some good places in my general vicinity...
        No, no, no.... You're on the wrong side of the continent!

Quoth Pagan View Post
        TIM: There are some who call me... 'Tim'?
        ARTHUR: Greetings, Tim the Enchanter.
        *snicker* I've been thinking that since the first post.

Quoth Pagan View Post
        You can tell the new transplants here. When you ask for a phone number, they'll start with the area code. Which really isn't necessary since all of New Mexico has the same area code (for now).
        Well, that works until you have someone with a cell phone that kept their old area code. We've got a guy who moved back to TN and so we bought a building there. I think the guy's a waste of space, but we did need the cheap storage (warehouse space in sou Cali is expeeensive). Anyway, his cell still starts with 310 even though he's now in the 434 area code (or whatever it is).

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
          Did he pleasure your dog orally while you were pumping gas?

-------------------------------
          Or did you just wake up broke, sticky and confused in a ditch and now you require my guidance? If that's the case I can think of more important questions you should be asking yourself first before "what time of day is it?". Questions like "Where am I?", "Where's my pants?", "What's this taste in my mouth?" or "Why does my butt hurt so much?".
          OH GOD
          I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE.
          "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

lol well there are at least 5 zip codes for my town and 2 area codes used so i can say yeah im learning to go 10 digit

Comment

This Guy REEKED of SC.
              ( I seriously think some of you on the frontlines have met this dickhead before. )

SC: "Yeah, you're attendant here, Tim, should not be working for <client>!!"

I am intrigued, on what do you base this theory? Do go on.

SC: "He has no customer service! He's arrogant, egotistical and should not be working here! I'm going to take this to the newspaper, TV stations and anywhere else I can get it!"

You're inflated, near delusional sense of what actually merits "news" is duly noted. I noticed you don't offer any particular evidence to support why Tim is such a bastard. But none the less you could end right there. I could note your complaint that you think the attendant there seems to have the personality profile of Skeletor, and we could both go on our merry ways.

SC: "I have two family members that work for <client>!"

Ok, that….wait, what? Er….ok, but what does that have to do with anything?

SC: "One of them has worked for <client> for 42 years!"

You have a family member that worked at a gas station for 42 years? Christ, you must be proud.

SC: "You better follow up on this! I'll be calling back to follow up on it!"

Wow, what the Hell did Tim do to you anyway to warrant this kind of wrath? Did he scratch your truck? Did he make a pass at your underage daughter? Did he pleasure your dog orally while you were pumping gas? Oh oh! Wait, I know! This all sounds so familiar....don't tell me...ah ha! He carded you for cigarettes didn't he! That FUCKER!

this guy is an idiot.
              God gorbid that Tim should do his job properly and card someone that might be underage.
              Boogity, Boogity, Boogity Let's Go Racing Boys

Comment

Quoth SCSlave View Post
                My state has one area code too.

I remember the days when Wisconsin had 2 for the entire state...then 3...then 4....then how many do we have now? I know at least 5, maybe 6.
                I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Your posts always make me smile I agree, let us know when you start touring in stand-up.

Comment

SC: "Oh I see! You just don't care! It's not your problem, right? Why should you give a damn?!"
                    Ah, yes, my favorite argument. I've painstakingly given you every reason to illustrate why your request cannot possibly be done, so you accuse me of not caring. And you're right, Mr/Ms customer. I don't give a rat's ass. But I knew that before you pointed it out, and even if I didn't hate you, it is still impossible. Good day.

I noticed you don't offer any particular evidence to support why Tim is such a bastard.
                    Yeah. I mean, he did warn you that was no ordinary rabbit!
                    "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

Quoth Kara_CS View Post
                      Yeah. I mean, he did warn you that was no ordinary rabbit!
                      Yep, with big huge pointy teeth...
                      Jim: Fact: Bears eat beets. Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.
                      Dwight: Bears don't eat bee... Hey! What are you doing?
                      The Office

Comment

Quoth Bella_Vixen View Post
                        I remember the days when Wisconsin had 2 for the entire state...then 3...then 4....then how many do we have now? I know at least 5, maybe 6.
                        I still remember the phone number for the tavern we lived down down the road from in 1975...and I've not been in WI since 1976! (My aunt and uncle were regulars there. She'd be there before 5pm, he'd be there after 5pm. My cousin and I always knew where to find them!)
                        Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Working...
                        X