This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need my beer cold

I'm on the express lane in my grocery store and this lady comes into my line with 5 limes and 2 6-packs of Corona. She asks me if we have anymore 12 packs because they are cheaper. I call over the front manager and ask, she goes to find out. Now she isn't as sucky as she could have been, she let other customers go in front of her while they found the answer. The answer...... there was a 12 pack sitting on the ground of the beer section. She said "I need my beer cold" ... I was like "wait she said there were none left..." lady is a liar apparently. Now she wants to get the 2 6-packs for the price of a 12 pack. We ask the manager, cause it is one of the nights he closes the store, and he says no. Lady seems fine with it, I ring through her order and as I am giving her the change she says "My husband works in the offices for this store, I'm going to complain and talk to the manager." ... I didn't know we had offices for our store. Also it was the store manager who refused her the price... and she knew that. Maybe she isn't sucky but she sure was stupid.

Haha, she's getting 12 freaking bottles. If she has finished all of them before she can get them cold, then she's not doing something right. She should make the time to get her beer the temp she wants.

BTW: I hate Corona. I've never tasted the stuff, but I've smelled it on many occasions. Manure has a more pleasant odor (not an exaggeration). Maybe it tastes alright; I don't know. I do know that I won't get something so rank-smelling that close to my mouth.

Comment

I would have told her to stick the beers in her fridge. That'll get em cold...lol.

Comment

Could have been worse. In the same situation I had a customer demand we switch his 12 cold beers from his two 6 packs with the warm beer from the 12 pack so he could get that price.
        If watermelons are made up of water, what are kumquats made up of?
        www.myspace.com/rentalracer

Comment

Maybe you could have recommended she buy a styrofoam cooler and a couple of bags of ice if she wanted them cold by the time she got home. Oh, I forgot. That would have cost her extra money, too.

Comment

Quoth toranoko View Post
            ... I didn't know we had offices for our store. Also it was the store manager who refused her the price... and she knew that.
            Ah yes, these days customers assume that every restaurant and shop must be a member of a sprawling national chain. People tell me "I'll call corporate!" all the time. Go ahead. Mister Corporate's sitting in a dingy office upstairs that used to be a Victorian bedroom. He barely speaks English and he comes down for a cup of coffee now and again.

Tell me, I tell them, have you ever seen another Hades Burger? This is the only one. I know in Rabid Rapids Colorado all you got at which to eat is three and a half Denny's but here we have real restaurants.
            You're not doing me a favor by eating here. I'm doing you a favor by feeding you.

Comment

Working...
            X