This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Sharsarannon View Post
    As to walking in front of vehicles because you're busy spacing, be careful- That's how Gaudi died.
    Ah, but see, I specifically keep enough awareness of my surroundings to not walk in front of moving vehicles. And I can usually be relied upon to not walk into lamp posts, but that is not guaranteed.

Actually, I specifically stop reading whenever I have to cross a street or walk past any busy type of driveway. I know enough to not trust people to be careful in their 2-ton rolling boxes of death.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
      Ah, but see, I specifically keep enough awareness of my surroundings to not walk in front of moving vehicles. And I can usually be relied upon to not walk into lamp posts, but that is not guaranteed.

Actually, I specifically stop reading whenever I have to cross a street or walk past any busy type of driveway. I know enough to not trust people to be careful in their 2-ton rolling boxes of death.

^-.-^
      LOL, Andara! That was funny, at least to me. Then again, I have a unique sense of humor. I laugh at things that others don't understand, and I don't necessarily laugh when everyone else finds something to be funny.

As for being on the working side of the counter, I really don't care how responsive the customers are, as a general rule. I only speak to most of them first because the job requires us to be "friendly." I'm not an intentionally rude person who just ignores people given a choice, but I'm not all that talkative unless I know and like you or have a specific reason for addressing you. Otherwise, I'm happy to go about my own business and let you go your own way. I'm much more expressive on message boards like this than I am in real life. I usually wait until the customer approaches the counter before I bother to greet them because my store is a busy location, and I usually have a customer at the counter 9/10 of the time. When I don't have a customer at the register, I'm busy working on the many other tasks we're supposed to accomplish between customers. If they really need my attention otherwise, they'll probably have to speak up. The only time I greet a customer upon entry is if I know and like the customer, or if business is slow and I'm keeping up with the miscellaneous tasks we're expected to accomplish.
      The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

Working...
      X