This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nasty picnic guy

Here's one from the archives of my brain.....

I used to work in the "wine country" in a winery that had a cheese shop and picnic grounds etc..... It was typical for customers to pick up a case or two of wine and then some picnic items and go relax on our grounds.

I was working on the day that the Challenger exploded. This of course was a sad day, but I know that I'm not the only person who was required to go on with normal life that day.

Anyway, this guy comes to my register with some wine and picnic items and it really was a very unmemorable tranaction until the end

Me: Thanks, have a nice day
    SC: (sets down his bag) I can't believe you just said that
    Me excuse me?
    SC I can't believe that you just told me to have a nice day. How could you possibly say that after what happened to Challenger this morning?!
    Me: Speechless
    SC: This is a sad day! People need to think about that.
    Me: OK.

He then stomped off to have his picnic outside. My manager just looked at me and told me that she's glad that I didn't say any of the things that were probably coming into me head about then! lol

the only way to mark the deaths that he felt so badly about was to have a picnic

Comment

a picnic with LOTS of wine.
      look! it's ghengis khan!
      Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Good points, all of you.

And here I thought it would be like the 9/11 thread, with the SC LESS attuned to events.

Imagine his reaction if he'd been an SC all along and a frustrated employee who hadn't seen the news said "I challenge you to have a nice day." (with apologies to those affected)
        I second that Frederick Douglass quote--unfortunately, so do a lot of SCs.

Comment

I had to work the afternoon of 9/11 at a Pizza restaurant. The day was actually a little busier than normal but one comment stuck out in my mind. . .

The customer asked:

"You don't have a bomber special today?"

Uh, no. We're not going to create a one-day special just so you can save a buck.
          This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

Quoth Legal Eagle View Post
            the only way to mark the deaths that he felt so badly about was to have a picnic
            I was thinking this very thing.

Comment

Quoth karma_gypsy View Post
              I had to work the afternoon of 9/11 at a Pizza restaurant. The day was actually a little busier than normal but one comment stuck out in my mind. . .

The customer asked:

"You don't have a bomber special today?"

Uh, no. We're not going to create a one-day special just so you can save a buck.
              Wow, just, just, wow...

...I may need a little lie down after that. "Bomber special?"

Wow. And Unkle Tony's faith in humanity takes another blow to the head.
              I have a map of the world. It's actual size.

-- Steven Wright

Comment

Working...
              X