This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customers Making Up New Items

Ok, what the hell is up with this crap. Every day at work, I always getting people asking for stuff I obviously don't have at my stand. Such items would be:

Small Soda
    Large Soda
    Medium Soda
    Ice Cream
    Popcorn
    Cigarettes

Look at the freaking menu board! It's not a huge list. It's not complicated. Then maybe they'd see that it says, "Soda - $2.75" Where the hell does it say small, medium, and large? NO WHERE! So stop trying to order different sizes cause it's pretty damn obvious there's only one size!

And where the hell am I going to get ice cream from at my stand? The pretzel heater? The hot dog cooker perhaps? That's what the Carvel stand is for!

Once again, popcorn, obviously not on the menu. A quick glance around my stand will show you I don't have popcorn.

And last, but not least, cigarettes? This is freaking New Jersey! Even if we had cigarettes, where the hell would you smoke them? Not in the track as that's illegal. Besides, it's a food stand. FOOD! Not a bar.
    "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Greenday, you've been here a while. Why in the hell are you actually expecting logic, rational thought, or cognitive thinking from customers?

Have you been dipping into the mushrooms, my friend?

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
      Have you been dipping into the mushrooms, my friend?
      Ummmmmm...no?

I just figured that if five years olds can figure it out, why can't an adult?
      "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

Because its a complicated evolutionary marvol-
        As human beings get older they lose all concept of the world that involve their needs.

Comment

You too, Greenday? I thought I was the only one!

I used to work at a quaint little lunch cafe and bakery, and every once in a while someone would ask for popcorn.

Popcorn.

At a cafe.

I just don't understand what people are thinking.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

AHAHAHA! Yes, yes, yes...I get this with astounding frequency. Nothing makes your brain stutter for a moment like somebody coming up and ordering something that isn't on the menu. Wishful thinking at it's finest.

Or the people who engage me in this somewhat typical exchange:

SC: Do you have x?
            Me: No.
            SC: Okay, do you have y?
            SC: Do you have z?
            SC: Well, what do you have here?
            Me: Oh, just everything that's on the menu... ??????????

Or when people come up and ask, "So what kind of food do you have here?"

Me: Oh, just everything that's on the menu...

I don't want to sound bitchy, but, seriously. There is a neon menu-board the size of a Boeing 77 directly behind my head.

Comment

Quoth Greenday View Post
              I always getting people asking for stuff I obviously don't have at my stand.
              Skittlebrau?
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
              X