Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think I deserve a discount on top of my generous discount!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I deserve a discount on top of my generous discount!

This guy deserved a thread of his own......

He asked for one of our sub-$500 craptops (er....laptops), so I went through the standard spiel about the service plans, and well as an ongoing offer we have: buy any three or more accessories (such as a carrying case, software, CDs, DVDs, CD.DVD cases, external keyboard/keypad/mouse, USB flash drives, flash memory cards, memory card readers, wireless routers, various cables, and others) with your laptop today and we'll take 20% off the accessories.

Well he didn't want the service plan (of course) but was interested in the 20% deal. So while I retrieved the laptop from Lock-Up, he started browsing for accessories. He ended up picking out 13 pieces of software! This was graet, because our ASP (attachment selling program) numbers have been in the shitter lately, and a laptop with 13 attachments will really help our average.

I decided I'd ring this guy out myself since it was going to take a while and I didn't want to tie up a cashier with 13 price changes. Then the trouble started.

SC: Can I use this? *pulls out 12% Customer Appreciation Voucher*

Me: Well, we're already taking 20$% all this stuff. That can't be combined with any other offer. I can't take an additional 12% off.

SC: Well could you please check with the manager.

*siiiiiiiiigh..........*

Me: Alice!

Alice (MOD): Yes?

Me: This gentleman (cough cough!!) would like you know if he can use this in addition to the 20% he's getting on these accessories.

Alice: No sir. This can NOT be combined with any other OFFER, and we are already giving you an offer for 20%.

Lather rinse and repeat a couple times while I pray that we don't lose this sale.

SC: Ok, I understand.

Me: OK.....that'll be $11xx.xx (the exact amount escapes me)

SC: Can I use this? *hands over an Office Depot coupon*

:

Me: Again sir, these can not be combined with antoerh offer.

SC: (annoyed) Can you please check?!

Me: Alice!!! *holds up Office Depot coupon*

ALice; Sir, I already explained that we can not combine offers.

SC: But I'm spending over $1000!!!!

Alice: And we've already given you a substantial discount, sir.

SC: Well, you haven't taken anything off the computer.

Alice: Sir?

SC: Can't you apply these to the computer?

Alice: No sir!

SC: How about the 12% one. Cna that be applied to the computer?

Alice: Laptops do NOT qualify for the 12% offer, sir. It says so right on there. And even if they did, I still can not combine that with any other offer.

SC (annoyed): fine.

And MUCH to my surprise at this point, he actually bought everything! Somehow we still saved the sale with this guy.

But i'd forgotten how much I hate this nickel and diming bullshit that some people try to pull. He wanted the 20% off the accessories, an additional 12% off the entire purchase, plus competitor coupons. I should also point out that most of the software he was purchasing had large mail-in-rebates as well. I think he was trying to see if he could MAKE money off of us. I HATE that. THat is NOT how this programs work.

Still, we got the hige ASP sale, so I'm happy for that.
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

And while he spent all that money on the software... and I bet his craptop won't be able to run half of it.

You should have tried harder to talk him into that service plan. Ten bucks says that laptop is going to be dead in 3 weeks.
    Jim: Fact: Bears eat beets. Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.
    Dwight: Bears don't eat bee... Hey! What are you doing?
    The Office

Comment

Believe me, I tried to sell him the service plan. He would have none of it.
      "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Well, he'll find out soon enough how much he's going to need it.
        Jim: Fact: Bears eat beets. Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.
        Dwight: Bears don't eat bee... Hey! What are you doing?
        The Office

Comment

*looks into the future*

SC: Nobody ever offered me a service plan.

Comment

Quoth Dave1982 View Post
            Still, we got the hige ASP sale, so I'm happy for that.
            I LOVE customers who expect stream-lined, perfect, WONDERFUL service on their craptop (usually a Comcrap) with NO PROBLEM whatsoever and are TOTALLY SHOCKED when the thing dies after 3-6 months. "But I bought this computer brand new!" ...Yeah, but you bought a brand new piece of schnikies. And, yeah, customers will try to nickel and dime you to death. I've had customers try to squabble with me over a dollar.
            Last edited by Rapscallion; 08-01-2007, 06:04 PM. Reason: Quoted entire message ~R

Comment

Quoth Dave1982 View Post
              Believe me, I tried to sell him the service plan. He would have none of it.
              BTW, I know the joys of selling service plans. But when a customer is willing to be THAT cheap, I've learned that it's nearly impossible to get them to spring for a service plan.

Comment

Dave, I would have asked him which company he works for to get that. Then I would have called C & C to verify that they actually had a contract with us. If they didn't, then I would have reminded him that fraud is a felony in most states.

Comment

Quoth MrSunshineState View Post
                  *looks into the future*

SC: Nobody ever offered me a service plan.
                  I seriously think that any custoemr buying an item over $100 who refuses the service plan should have to sign a waiver. So when they bitch, we just pull it out and tell them to take a hike.

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Quoth Sandman View Post
                    Dave, I would have asked him which company he works for to get that. Then I would have called C & C to verify that they actually had a contract with us. If they didn't, then I would have reminded him that fraud is a felony in most states.
                    I'm sorry, but I'm not sure what you're getting at here.

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Quoth Sandman View Post

How would that be fraud? I worked at a few places, that if, we done so good on sales. We would get discounts, for different places.
                      Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                      San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Whenever I pitch the plan and they don't buy it, I let them know the store will only cover it for 14 days. Sometimes that makes people change their minds, usually not.

But we know somebody told them about all high risk items like cameras and laptops that we had to get for them out of lockup. No sympathy for them when they come back after the return policy ends. Too bad, so sad.

I was so sure you were gonna say he misconstrued 20% as being off the laptop itself. Had that happen before. Yeah fucking right.

FYI staples makes the exact same amount of money whether you buy an $800 laptop or an $80 shredder.

Comment

Quoth tenaciousb View Post
                          FYI staples makes the exact same amount of money whether you buy an $800 laptop or an $80 shredder.
                          Yeah, but nobody, and I mean NOBODY will ever believe that (present company excepted of course). I've seriously had people ask for a discount just because they were spending a high dollar amount. Well dumbass, you aren't making us any money GROSS, let alone a net profit on that because you didnt buy any attachments! So NO!

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

GOD I hate that.

No sir, you're spending more money because it COSTS more money. Not because we just randomly decide to attatch a higher price tag to something that only LOOKS nicer.
                            "Time shall help me face my painful memories with indifference, and with more of it, I won't feel the need to face them at all..."

Comment

Quoth WorkAtBBuy View Post
                              BTW, I know the joys of selling service plans. But when a customer is willing to be THAT cheap, I've learned that it's nearly impossible to get them to spring for a service plan.
                              My husband and I bought a gateway and flat screen tv from BB and didn't buy the service plan, not because we were cheap but because we never had anything go wrong before. We got everything home hooked it up and you guessed it, the tv was acting up. We took it back and they looked at it and let us know what the problem was(the hook ups)I bought a service plan right then and there! Better safe then sorry. I would rather pay extra then be stuck with $1000's of dollars of expensive computer stuff that does not work.

Comment

Working...
                              X