Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

-I won't sell a damn phone all day, then 10 mins to close some jacktard will want to activate...and won't know what they want...or argue about the price...or argue about the plans...etc (due to a whole week of this dumbfuckery we started a policy of not activating anything after a certain time)

-The system crashes at precisely the moment that more than one customer decides to come activate.

-The moment I put my lunch down on the desk and take a piece of food on the fork, put it to my lips.... the phone rings/customer walks in.

-I can do nothing for literally 2 hours, then get slammed with 6 customers all at the same time. (it's a 50/50 crap shoot whether or not they are nice and patient and wait their turns)

-People call the store to ask the most intensive questions at precisely the time that I am unable to answer them (i.e. 6 customers waiting IN store)

-If the door is locked, and we motion that we are closed, I don't care if it's 7:55 by your watch...arguing is certainly not going to make me open up that door- yet someone always tries.

that's just a few...
    I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

When I had nothing to and I just consider counting my tickets I get about 50 cars as soon as I think that.

Whenever I sent a coworker to take their break I'd get 40 cars.

Those who drive BMWs, Mercedes, and the like generally tend to be jerks.

- When you get that "feeling" that a customer is going to be difficult, when they're 20 feet away before they even get to your register, you're almost always right?
      Oh dear lord I have to agree on that!
      The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

When you need to leave work as soon as yu finish to do something is when a group of people will come in at five minutes to closing, amble aimlessly about, looking at everything until you are ten minutes late clocking out- which of course, due to company policy YOU DON'T GET PAID FOR.
        Last edited by GingerBiscuit; 08-13-2007, 08:14 PM.
        Deepak Chopra says, "Fear deprives people of choice. Fear shrinks the world into isolated, defensive enclaves. Fear spirals out of control. Fear makes everyday life seem clouded over with danger.

Comment

The store could be dead all day, yet a massive line will form at the precise moment that the receipt roll runs out. And every single customer will want an itemized receipt.

The dork who wants to sell 4,542 Magic cards will show up right when people are registering for a tournament that starts in five minutes. When I'm able to process the trade-in, he insists on getting full secondary-market value for his cards (3/4 of which are not on our buy list).
          "I am quite confident that I do exist."
          "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth GingerBiscuit View Post
            ...you are ten minutes late clocking out- which of course, due to company policy YOU DON'T GET PAID FOR.
            Talk to your HR or state labor department. It's ILLEGAL for them not to pay you even if you were late clocking out.
            Mon aéroglisseur est plein des anguilles!"

Comment

Quoth alphaboi View Post
              Talk to your HR or state labor department. It's ILLEGAL for them not to pay you even if you were late clocking out.
              Not sure that's the case in the UK. I know our management don't get paid for staying late, and they're often up to an hour late out of the store, and most people in shop work don't get paid after the shops 'officially' closed, even if you're still clocked on due to late customers.
              Deepak Chopra says, "Fear deprives people of choice. Fear shrinks the world into isolated, defensive enclaves. Fear spirals out of control. Fear makes everyday life seem clouded over with danger.

Comment

Working...
              X