This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oh, what you do to me

I love when people come into the hotel and argue with me when i tell them that we have no vacancies. a conversation may go as follows:

Me: I'm sorry, we're booked up tonight. I'll be happy to call a nearby hotel and see if I can find a vacancy for you, though.

Them: *blank stare* no you're not. come on, i need a room

OH! well that changes EVERYTHING! i do have a special room that i've been saving for someone who REALLY NEEDS ONE! dicks...

one man had me call the nearby Super8 for him, and when they told me that the rate for the room would be 45 bucks (super cheap for a hotel room), he proceeded to argue with [I]me[I] that that just was not the right price.

"i just stopped there five minutes ago, and they told me the rate was 35 dollars!" he yelled.

me, thinking, 'then why the fuck didn't you get a room there?' relayed this to the Super8 desk clerk, who had no idea what the man was talking about.

"that's the best rate they say they can give you," i tell him, apologetically. and HE ACTUALLY SNATCHED THE RECEIVER OUT OF MY HAND to yell at the clerk. Meanwhile, I have calls coming in on other lines that i can't answer because he just keeps arguing with the Super8 employee, and a line is forming behind him of people who were smart enough to make a freaking reservation. On his way out, he actually yelled, "you're all just wasting your time! these people won't do anything to help you!"

lovely.

If he snatched the receiver from my hand, I'd unplug the cord.

Comment

Screw that, I'd pull a Naomi Campbell and beat the shit out of him with the phone.

Or was that Russel Crowe?
      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
        Screw that, I'd pull a Naomi Campbell and beat the shit out of him with the phone.

Or was that Russel Crowe?
        Actually, it was both of 'em! Naomi with a cell phone and Russell with a regular phone.
        It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth crawlspace View Post

OH! well that changes EVERYTHING! i do have a special room that i've been saving for someone who REALLY NEEDS ONE! dicks...

lovely.
          C'mon every hotel in the world has that fabled emergency room that we save simply for that occasion it's in the back I had my share of guests who simply will not accept the fact that there are no more rooms. Perhaps if they learned the art of making a reservation as opposed to just strolling in unannounced they'd get better results.
          My Horror Blog

Cinemania

Comment

Quoth MrSunshineState View Post
            If he snatched the receiver from my hand, I'd unplug the cord.
            Me, too. And swing the cord around. Maybe play jump rope, if it's long enough.
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Grabbing anything out of my hand is a good way to get boxed upside the head.

Ask the guy who got smacked on the hand with the stapler when he tried to reach around the lottery ticket dispenser and snatch a scratch-off when he thought I wasn't looking.
              The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

Working...
              X