This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Lingering Grin View Post
    I hated giving them my apt # when I lived in one... not because I didn't want to, but because I knew their first thought was gonna be "Son of a...". I lived on the 3rd floor. I'd tell them the apt # no problem, I just felt like an ass making em walk up 4 flights of stairs.

When I could, I'd try to pay attention to the cars coming into the apt complex (I lived right by the entrance, and my room faced the parking lot). If I saw the delivery driver pull in, I'd actually try to go down to them to get the food, just to save em the walk.
    It is not that I mind climbing stairs (heck that is part of my job and I do not mind the stair workout) I do that at a couple of the hotels we deliver to but in the fact that we are then looking for a single home or at best a duplex not an apt complex. we have some real winners when it comes to making addresses clear at apt complexes ie no lights on the address, blended colors of brick and address signs etc

do not get me started on how many different ways people (it almost seems on purpose) try and hide their address sign with or without a light

Yes I know about the web site tipthepizzaguy now if I could only get people to take the advise on there ie tips addresses phone ordering etc.
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
      It is not that I mind climbing stairs (heck that is part of my job and I do not mind the stair workout) I do that at a couple of the hotels we deliver to but in the fact that we are then looking for a single home or at best a duplex not an apt complex. we have some real winners when it comes to making addresses clear at apt complexes ie no lights on the address, blended colors of brick and address signs etc

do not get me started on how many different ways people (it almost seems on purpose) try and hide their address sign with or without a light

Yes I know about the web site tipthepizzaguy now if I could only get people to take the advise on there ie tips addresses phone ordering etc.
      FTR, my father wants all his change back after every transaction. I however, tip as generously as I feel comfortable doing. Hell, tonight I gave the delivery guy two 20s on a $20.82 order and told him to give me back 5. Now, I haven't gone through to do the math yet, but I'm fairly sure that's generous. My dad gives our house a bad name to delivery boys, though.

I would like to apologize for my father to any of you who have delivered to us.
      "Darling, you are a bitch. I'm joining the Navy." -Cinema Guy 4/30/2009

Comment

Quoth Shards View Post
        FTR, my father wants all his change back after every transaction. I however, tip as generously as I feel comfortable doing. Hell, tonight I gave the delivery guy two 20s on a $20.82 order and told him to give me back 5. Now, I haven't gone through to do the math yet, but I'm fairly sure that's generous. My dad gives our house a bad name to delivery boys, though.

I would like to apologize for my father to any of you who have delivered to us.
        A $14 tip on a $21 order is above and beyond!
        I don't have an anger problem! I have an idiot problem!-Hank Hill

Comment

Quoth Lingering Grin View Post
          One time, we ordered, my roommate hung up the phone, and I ran down to the corner shop to get paper plates and plastic cups. I was gone 8 minutes. When I got back, the delivery driver was pulling OUT of our driveway. Talk about prompt service!

You call it prompt service. I call it re-heated leftovers from the buffet.
          Just because a customer expects you to put some effort into your job, that does not make them an SC.

Comment

Quoth LifeCarnie View Post
            You call it prompt service. I call it re-heated leftovers from the buffet.
            They don't have a buffet

It was a little mom and pop shop, granted they DO pre-portion all of their combo meals, so they just have to open the bag, add the meat, and cook. It doesn't take long to cook stuff in a proper wok
            <Insert clever signature here>

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
              and Becky please understand that sometimes things happen to make your delivery late (most of the time it is NOT the drivers fault) so please be understanding.
              Oh, I AM understanding.

I rechecked my post.

I should've said over half an hour PAST the promised time, keeping in mind that the place I have the most problems with usually gives me a 25-45 minute timeframe to begin with.
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Count me in as someone who does everything in her power to make things easy and be understanding to delivery people. If I'm paying cash, it's sitting on the table in the entryway by the door, tip included, and if I'm paying with credit, I've already tipped 15-20% because I ordered online and I know my pizza will be quick, because they're across the street. I tip extra for super-prompt service and/or venturing out in terrible weather when I didn't want to. I also make a habit of ordering from the same places often, and always being super polite to the delivery persons, so I'm practically guaranteed good service.

However....

One thing that irks me is if you don't warn me that it will likely be a wait. When I order from the Jimmy John's near me (we're talking within 3 min driving), I have almost never had food take more than half an hour. Heck, it's usually only 15 minutes. Therefore, when it's been over an hour, I will call and inquire to make sure my order hasn't been forgotten. I will be as polite as possible in doing so, and I will still tip the driver, but I have a lot more sympathy when I'm warned up front. I am aware that at peak hours it will take longer, but really, is it so hard to give me a time estimate over the phone?
                "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Working...
                X