This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Of Wet Floor Signs and Delusions of Power

Today was eventful...not only were we busy as fudge, but we had a raging case of Can't-Read-A-Sign-Itis!

So, when I arrived at work today the floor had just been freshly mopped, as evidenced by the 2 BRIGHTLY COLORED WET FLOOR SIGNS that were standing amidst the patch of wet, proudly proclaiming the floor's wetness while simultaneously warning one to watch their step. Remember, there were 2 signs up.

Enter Sucky Beyotch and her mother. They take about 5 steps inside and then the mom promptly slips and falls on her behind. Before anybody has the chance to even ask if she's ok, SB just starts laying into us, demanding to know "Why is there water all over this floor just waiting for someone to slip and fall on it??" . We explained that it had just been mopped, hence the Wet Floor Signs. Again, someone starts to ask if the mom needs any help and SB cuts them off, demanding the manager and declaring that she'll make damn sure the manager is out of a job pretty soon, and also promising us that "By the time I'm done, EVERYONE in here will be FIRED!" Yeah, lady. I'm sure they'll get right on that, firing us for your inability to see a sign. As far as I saw, the mother wasn't particularly sucky, it was just the daughter. She also refused to give us her name and number to leave with the next manager on duty sooo...whatever. That was my eventful customer story for the day.
    "Penny Lou Pingleton, you are absolutely, positively, permanently punished! You will live on a diet of saltines and tang, and you'll never leave this room again....Devil child! Devil child!"

Ahhhhhh that is why. They heard of something called a Get Rich Scheme, and so they decided to try it. So instead of mailing letters to people, they wanted to sue whichever company. And get the money like that.
    Under The Moon Paranormal Research
    San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

At least your floor gets mopped. Our signs get stolen all the time. And, of course, we can't mop unless we close the area or have signs. I'm pretty sure we get 2 new signs in each week. Right now we have one. Delivery's on Tuesday I think.
      Michael: Maybe you'll be inspired by the boat party tonight and start a career as a pirate.
      Tobias: I haven't packed for that.
      <3 Arrested Development

Comment

I've seen more people stumble over the signs than fall on the wet floor. So I taped a sign to the sign "Careful, sign is 2 feet tall. You may trip over." Just to cover our asses.
        It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office.
        ~~~H.L. Mencken

Comment

Quoth Aldous View Post
          I've seen more people stumble over the signs than fall on the wet floor. So I taped a sign to the sign "Careful, sign is 2 feet tall. You may trip over." Just to cover our asses.
          OMG.... if i saw that sign i might just sit far away with a video camera to video tape the tripping....

Comment

Oh, I had a customer trip over a piso mojado sign once. It was the most exaggerated and acrobatic fall I'd seen since vaudeville died. And I'm pretty goddamn good at pratfalls. But do you know what the man did? He looked around in an embarrassed fashion and skulked back to his table. That's what you're supposed to do when you fall. PRETEND IT DIDN'T HAPPEN, don't run and inform the authorities.
            You're not doing me a favor by eating here. I'm doing you a favor by feeding you.

Comment

You know, people who make a big deal of "oh! I've fallen! I shall now endeavour to make it the defining moment of my life!" I hate that. I've fallen a lot of times (though only once on ice).

Once, I was on a bus, floor was slippery, and the driver accelerated as I was walking to a seat. *BAM* on my butt, and less than a second passed before I was on my knees shouting "I'm okay! Don't worry, I'm okay!" And I still had people checking on me to make sure I was okay.

Another time, I was at work in the concession area. By myself, and I had a huge line. I had to run to the back to get something, and on my way back out I slipped on some butter on the floor. Huge line of people, no one said a thing. Less than 10 minutes later, exact same thing happened. Again, no one said a thing. I hated that job. The customers sucked almost as much as the manager.
              Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Aldous View Post
                That's almost as good as the picture that's floating around the internet of the sign, sitting in the middle of a field, that reads, "Caution: Sign has sharp edges".
                "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth Sofar View Post
                  Oh, I had a customer trip over a piso mojado sign once. It was the most exaggerated and acrobatic fall I'd seen since vaudeville died. And I'm pretty goddamn good at pratfalls. But do you know what the man did? He looked around in an embarrassed fashion and skulked back to his table. That's what you're supposed to do when you fall. PRETEND IT DIDN'T HAPPEN, don't run and inform the authorities.
                  Kind of like a cat...when they fall or otherwise do something silly that they weren't intending, they walk off and start licking their feet...

-ams- <I meant to do that...>
                  I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                  I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                  It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth sarahj View Post
                    At least your floor gets mopped. Our signs get stolen all the time. And, of course, we can't mop unless we close the area or have signs. I'm pretty sure we get 2 new signs in each week. Right now we have one. Delivery's on Tuesday I think.
                    Who would want to steal a wet floor sign? What are they planning to do with it? Some people...
                    It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
                    -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

From experience, Put it on your wall. Teenagers love anything that is able to be hung from a wall, and has a good story behind it. I watched a kid take a wet floor sign from the school, shove it in his backpack, cover it, and call it a "project" to get away with it.
                      It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office.
                      ~~~H.L. Mencken

Comment

Quoth mariamousie1 View Post
                        Who would want to steal a wet floor sign? What are they planning to do with it? Some people...
                        My brother at some point in his life, gained possession, most likely not in a lawful manner, of one of those signs at Blockbuster that say, "Please go to next register". He has had it many years now, and claims it was not him who took it, it was one of his friends.
                        "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth mariamousie1 View Post
                          My fav. manager at my first job told me some managers from other theatres would take signs from his theatre so that they wouldn't have to order them and be without until they arrived. Of course, they never asked, or brought them back, so he was always stuck ordering new signs, which just made things more difficult for him. Anyway, what I'm trying to say is, maybe it is people from businesses that require wet floor signs, and they don't wanna bother ordering them?
                          Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Oh. That sucks. Now that I think of it, my brother had a yield sign in his bedroom for years. I don't know how he came by it, but I hope it didn't result in any accidents...
                            It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
                            -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

Working...
                            X