This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't think I was sucky. Was I?

I stopped by Blockbuster wanting to buy a previously view copy of Pans Labyrinth (I am waiting until a Blu Ray or HD version to buy it new) and found a copy for 14.99. Blockbuster is having a sale which states "2 previously viewed for 20 dollars 14.99 and under or 4 for 20 9.99 and under". I grabbed a copy of Thank You for Smoking priced 9.99 and expected to get them both for 20. The clerk told me that the 2 for 20 was for 14.99 and 12.99 dvds only. I pointed out that it said 14.99 and under so the 9.99 should be included. She started to argue with me so I said "Whatever, I dont care. Charge me whatever you want". I just did care enough about 5 bucks to argue the point. She rang them up and gave me the discount anyway, so I thanked her and left.

I don't think that was sucky at all. Obviously, the sign is wrong.

Comment

No. You weren't. An SC, that is.

In fact, you should have stood your ground.

I expect my customers to interpret price as we advertise it clearly and where they can see it. If one of us makes a mistake by publishing the wrong information, that wrong information will be honored before it is corrected.

Don't be afraid to hold up a line when you're right.

Comment

From what I can see it doesnt sound like you where a SC. Thats the way I would have interpreted it too. 14.99 and under means 9.99 as 9.99 is under 14.99.....

Comment

I just worried about how I said "Whatever, I dont care. Charge me whatever." Could be interpreted as sucky, but I really did not care enough to argue over 5 bucks.

Comment

Nah, sucky would have been if you'd had a temper tantrum, thrown something, or pouted until you got your way.
            "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

People get oversensitive to being abusive when they read the horror stories on here. But the pendulum swings both ways. You could have been nicer, but you weren't abusive. Anyone would have been annoyed in that situation. You didn't over-react. You showed your annoyance at the inconvienience, and the clerk responded properly. You kept good manners afterward, so I'd say it's all copacetic.

Comment

UMM.. this will be me violating Becky's #1 rule, but wouldn't the store yield a larger profit giving you a $14.99 & $9.99 movie for $20.00 than they would a $14.99 & $12.99?? I don't see why it wouldn't be included.
                The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

Quoth Banrion View Post
                  UMM.. this will be me violating Becky's #1 rule, but wouldn't the store yield a larger profit giving you a $14.99 & $9.99 movie for $20.00 than they would a $14.99 & $12.99?? I don't see why it wouldn't be included.
                  Yeah, I didn't get it either.

What I forgot to mention the first time was the clerk had been given some shit by the people before me. I didn't listen to them, but from what I heard they were being charged for a movie they said they returned but was not in the system. They had her looking all over for it. Held the line up about 10 minutes. So after dealing with them, who were SC's, I just felt like I was making it worse.

Comment

Quoth ReverendBSB View Post
                    Yeah, I didn't get it either.

What I forgot to mention the first time was the clerk had been given some shit by the people before me. I didn't listen to them, but from what I heard they were being charged for a movie they said they returned but was not in the system. They had her looking all over for it. Held the line up about 10 minutes. So after dealing with them, who were SC's, I just felt like I was making it worse.
                    Sounds like we're almost swinging into SE territory. They probably would have been more open to figuring it out if they hadn't had to deal with that, and let those SCs taint the transaction with you, which is a big no-no. I don't think they quite made it into SE mode, but you were pretty far from SC. "Charge me whatever" can be a dangerous line though!
                    Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

I've had that happen to me too. Sometimes, when a sale is over, they forget to take down a sign. Still, all things considered, you handled it just fine, and it's not your fault there was confusion.
                      "I used to be Snow White... but I drifted."~Mae West

Comment

You weren't an SC at all.

If $9.99 movies weren't to be included with your deal, the sign should've explicitly said so.

Ah, well.
                        Unseen but seeing
                        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                        3rd shift needs love, too
                        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                        X