This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Ambush Family Member

A kid about twelve or so comes up to my counter (by himself - this is important for later) and places an order. So I ring him up and then tell him his total. There was a small group of people gathered about three feet behind him, standing nowhere near this kid, not even in my line yet, just on the periphery of it. As soon as I announced the kid's total and looked at him expectantly, the older woman in the group springs forward all of a sudden, waving her arms and shaking her head, extremely aggitated, and exclaimed "No! We're all together!" Then she proceeds to glare at me. Well, sorry. Maybe if you had all come up to the counter together, instead of your son coming up by himself while everyone else stands off to the side, I would have had some idea. It's okay, calm down, I'm in a good mood today so I'll let everyone else in your family order something too.

Oh, but remember, when you were hired for that job you got a uniform, a nametag, and AMAZING MIND READING POWERS! Don't you know you're supposed to use them in situations such as these?
    "Penny Lou Pingleton, you are absolutely, positively, permanently punished! You will live on a diet of saltines and tang, and you'll never leave this room again....Devil child! Devil child!"

Comment

Damn, I accidentally dropped my AMAZING MIND READING POWERS! down the sink...can I get another one?
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
        Damn, I accidentally dropped my AMAZING MIND READING POWERS! down the sink...can I get another one?
        Okay, but we're going to have to charge you $5 for the replacement. You gonna be more careful with this one? Or should I put it on a lanyard for you?
        Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
          Okay, but we're going to have to charge you $5 for the replacement. You gonna be more careful with this one? Or should I put it on a lanyard for you?
          I got $10. I want an extra, since I know I will lose mine
          Under The Moon Paranormal Research
          San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

I don't think a lanyard will work for me. Got anything stronger?
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
              I don't think a lanyard will work for me. Got anything stronger?
              I got a length of chain, but it weighs like 20lbs. Maybe as a belt/SC training device?
              Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

I got a length of chain, but it weighs like 20lbs. Maybe as a belt/SC training device?
                Works for me.
                Unseen but seeing
                oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                3rd shift needs love, too
                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Gah. I hate that. "We're all together!"

Well how am *I* supposed to know that? If its that important to you, why don't you all go out and get matching "Sucky Customer" t-shirts so you're easier to spot as a group?

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Working...
                  X