This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Short and stupid

Not a very big list from yesterday. We weren't too busy overall.

SM: Sucky Man
    SW: Sucky Woman
    ME:

We all know what happens when you assume...

SW: This bill can't be right! When I activated service, they told me I had unlimited nights and unlimited cell-to-cell.
    ME: Your plan does come with mobile to mobile, but nights have never been a part of it. There are several plans that offer this.
    SW: What do you mean, mobile to mobile? I thought it was cell-to-cell.
    ME: You have unlimited calling to any other caller on our network.
    SW: But I thought it was unlimited to all cell phones.
    ME: Sadly, that is not an option.
    SW: Well, it's not my fault the kid at the store told me the wrong information when he signed me up! I'm not paying this bill!
    ME: Ma'am, you've had this plan for 5 years. You've never changed it. Every bill you've received since the first one has shown everything included in your plan and it has never listed that you have unlimited nights.
    SW: *Scoff* I never look at my bill unless there's something wrong with it.
    ME: But, if you thought you had a service that wasn't there, I would say there was something "wrong." How could you know unless you check the bill?
    SW: It's not my job to make sure you're doing things right!

No, it's not your job to make sure you have everything you thought you were supposed to or be informed of your plan details. Not your job at all.

And when she got the bill, she probably downloaded in her pants

SW: You need to take these download charges off my bill! My son never downloaded anything!
    ME: Well, I see here he downloaded 163 ringtones last month.
    SW: But the Tech people told me this phone doesn't have enough memory for that many tones. How can you charge me for songs he don't have on his phone?
    ME: The system doesn't know how much free memory he has on his phone. But he did request to download content, it let him know how much the charge was going to be and asked him if he accepted it. He agreed, and was billed for the transmission.
    SW: But it's not on his phone! He never saved them, he was just previewing them!
    ME: Previewing?
    SW: Yeah, he was just listening to them and deleting them. He wasn't saving them.
    ME: But the charge comes from the transmission, whether or not he saved it.
    SW: But it's not a "download" until you save it!
    ME: No, it's a download when it sends the content to the phone.
    SW: But he didn't know that!

Actually, as I already told you, Little Billy was advised of the charge with each and every download. Looks like you'll have to dig into the beer fund to pay the bill this month.

My Precious

SW: I don't know nothin about these textses.

So it was sending the Precious textses, it was. We hates it! We hates it forever!

Up an unsanitary tributary without sufficient means of transportation

ME: There should be a little round label on the back of the phone, under the battery.
    SW: Oh, I took that off.
    ME: You... you did?
    SW: Yeah, when I got the phone.
    ME: I'm afraid you've voided your warranty.
    SW: Why? Who cares about it?
    ME: Because it changes color if liquid damage is present. If it's removed or tampered with, the warranty is void.
    SW: Well, it was white when I took it off.
    ME: But if the phone has been exposed to liquid since then, there's no way to determine it. And even if it hasn't been, the warranty is still void.
    SW: I don't even know why I took it off.

Oooh, I know! Because you're an ignorant moron!
    "You are loved" - Plaidman.

About that first guy, I have that discussion with customers multiple times a day. I hate that they expect US to fix something even though they took eons to tell us there was a problem. You DO have responsibilities people, ignorance is not an excuse.

Comment

I get to go deal with these people in an hour...

Hopefully they all want to buy, and they don't have issues.
      I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

No, it's not your job to make sure you have everything you thought you were supposed to or be informed of your plan details. Not your job at all.
        Isn't the abject denial of personal responsibility delicious? =p

Comment

Ok, I'm a person who takes stickers off everything. But my cell phone? no. My video camera? no. Mostly because I'm afraid of a call like that one, lol.
          Shamus: Why hasn't anybody designs a cranium-anus extraction kit yet? It seems that so many people suffer from a improperly-stored head.

Comment

God that kid's gonna get his ass kicked. In a normal world, he'd have to work it off. My money is that mommy paid for it and told her little angel never to do it again. Then next month it's the same crap. I bet that isn't the first time that's happened either. Cheers to letting your kids run amok. Here's hoping you don't get him a credit card (Though we all know you will, and you'll compain to the CC service)
            It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office.
            ~~~H.L. Mencken

Comment

Working...
            X