Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I love ending my day with verbal assault.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love ending my day with verbal assault.

I was already having a relatively bad day, for reasons completely unrelated to work, and then this gem came along and made my day complete.

Earlier in the afternoon, a woman comes by asking about ear piercings, as she wants her granddaughter (an infant) to get her ears pierced. The baby is not with her. She likes our prices, and feels better "doing it here than at Wal-Mart" (I'd really hope so, but that's besides the point.), and so she calls the daughter to tell her that she wants to bring the baby up. I guess the daughter didn't want to come, and I hear the grandma say, "Well, I'll bring her up then." So I pipe in and say, mom needs to be here to fill out the release forms, as well as be present during the piercing. Grandma says that's fine, that they'll be back later.

Fast forward to around 5:20. The grandma shows back up, with mom and baby in tow. They pick out earrings, and at this point I bring out the release form, and the following exchange occurs:

Me: Okay, I just need to see mom's I.D...
    G-Ma: What?! You didn't say nothing about needing I.D.!!
    Me: I generally assume that most people don't leave home without their I.D.
    G-Ma: She's 16!! Here, use my I.D., I'll be her mom.
    Me: I'm very sorry, on principle I cannot do that, as I know you are not the parent.
    G-Ma: Fine, we'll go to the Icing, c'mon.
    She walks off, and as she goes around the corner of my store, she uses these lovely parting words:
    G-Ma: Fat bitch!

I stood there stunned for a couple seconds, before realizing what she'd said, and said "Excuse me?!?" rather loudly. But she'd already made it about 20 ft. away from my store, and either didn't hear me or didn't give a shit. At that point 2 customers walked up and asked me some stuff, and by the time I thought to call security, about 10 minutes had passed. I did call my manager, and she said if the lady did come back, to definitely call security. She also said I could have done it right away, as our company does not condone verbal assault on its employees. I asked one of the security guards later, and he said they could have removed her from the mall for that. Next time I'll know better.

Needless to say, I was a bit high strung and in an awful mood until the mall closed.
    --Kim--

“It is sometimes an appropriate response to reality to go insane.” Philip K. Dick

Wow, what a lovely family. Sixteen-year-old, ID-less mother (not even a learner's permit!). And no wonder, with a rolemodel like hers! To the mother's credit, though, it didn't seem like she wanted to cause a scene or be a pain.

Comment

What is with people and their photo ID? For beer purchases, M-rated game purchases, and parental advisory CD purchases I just bring an expired state-issued ID. No problems. It has my picture and birthdate on it. Never had an issue with that. I'm sorry you had a rough day

Comment

Quoth Shengirl View Post
        To the mother's credit, though, it didn't seem like she wanted to cause a scene or be a pain.
        Oh I think it's far more likely she didn't have the intestinal fortitude to mouth off at CSR Kim in person. Safe from retaliation that way
        Happiness is the exercise of vital powers along lines of excellence in a life affording you scope.

Comment

How awful! I'm sorry it marred your day. It would have taken me a long time to recover from that.
          Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go.

Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.
          ~Oscar Wilde

Comment

Quoth meme View Post
            How awful! I'm sorry it marred your day. It would have taken me a long time to recover from that.
            This is the second time I've been called a fat bitch at this mall. Although, this was the first time it's happened while at work.

I did feel bad for the girl. When her mom said that, she said "Mom!" like she couldn't believe that she'd said that. I also got the vague impression that the mom (of the baby) didn't want to get her daughter's ears pierced in the first place.
            --Kim--

“It is sometimes an appropriate response to reality to go insane.” Philip K. Dick

Comment

Mmm - sounds like you have an outbreak of chavs and chavettes. Take off and nuke the site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth WorkAtBBuy View Post
                For beer purchases, M-rated game purchases, and parental advisory CD purchases I just bring an expired state-issued ID. No problems. It has my picture and birthdate on it.
                Why an expired one? After its expired its actually considered invalid ID.

I had this old man come to my window and his ID had expired like five years ago. I had to inform him that his ID wasn't valid. That went well. But why not renew it?

Comment

I can't believe that no-class slag insulted you like that. I'm sorry. I hope that teen mother pulls a Lorelai Gilmore and leaves town with the baby!!
                  "I used to be Snow White... but I drifted."~Mae West

Comment

I can't believe that people want to get a child's ears pierced at so young an age.

Ears grow. The holes may end up...crooked?...at a later age.

I didn't get my ears pierced the first time until I was 16. Got the second ones when I was 21.
                    Unseen but seeing
                    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                    3rd shift needs love, too
                    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I had mine pierced as a baby. Might of had to do with all those baby beauty contests (thank God I don't remember those). But yeah, my ears grew just fine. Ironically, I have not re-pierced them since but instead got a navel ring when I turned 18.

FYI, don't get a navel ring if you bag a lot of groceries. I no longer have mine because I kept getting it caught on the bag rack and yanking.

Comment

FYI, don't get a navel ring if you bag a lot of groceries. I no longer have mine because I kept getting it caught on the bag rack and yanking.
                        Ouch! I used to be a bagger, and it's a good thing I never had the abs to carry off a navel ring...
                        "I used to be Snow White... but I drifted."~Mae West

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                          I can't believe that people want to get a child's ears pierced at so young an age.
                          Some cultures do that. At least one goes for the nose. To avoid an argument or whining I'll leave out which ones, but yeah, some cultures do that.

Comment

F. Hinds aren't allowed to pierce any ears belonging to an under-six. This has caused many arguments but Mr D (branch manager) takes no shit from customers and tells them to get lost. Plus we're the only jeweller's in town...

Today there was a nine-year-old bint who was getting her second piercing, and she screamed the roof off - everyone came running as we thought we were getting robbed!! But no...then they bought the most cheap-assed silver crappy earrings they could scrape together the change for. Ech.

Compare that to the EIGHT-year-old who didn't utter a sound. We all congratulated her on her pain tolerance.
                            "...Muhuh? *blink-blink* >_O *roll over* ZZZzzz......"

Comment

I don't mind piercing babies, to an extent (we can do as young as 2 months old. Piercing a 2 mo. old is easier than doing a 2 year old). What gets me are the parents who come up, say they want to get their darling's ears pierced, but then whine and complain and practically cry because they will be causing their child pain. I hear "Oh, I don't want to see her cry!" "I can't stand it when she's in pain!" Newsflash: Ear piercings aren't required for life. No one is making you get your baby's ears pierced.

Another pet peeve of mine is when people want the "cheapest earrings" possible for piercing, for a baby. Yeah, we have $8 earrings. But they are stainless steel. Some people can't wear that. Why would you risk it with your baby, when you can get 14k for $21?

Yargh. I'm going completely OT of my own thread. I could rant all day about piercing ears.
                              --Kim--

Comment

Working...
                              X