Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I love ending my day with verbal assault.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a friend whose ears were pierced when she was a baby. Her ears did not grow well. The holes ended up down near the bottom of her lobe. She took the earrings out years before I met her and had them repierced, but she will always have a little dimple on each ear.
    Labor boards have info on local laws for free
    HR believes the first person in the door
    Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
    Document everything
    CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Making someone have their ears pierced before they're old enough to even know what's happening and can decide if they want it or not is one of the reeeaally stupid things I had never heard of before reading this site..
      Is it only Americans who do it?
      Linux user (Debian and Kubuntu)
      Programmer in C and perl!

I'm "only" 16 but do NOT try and outskill me with machines

Comment

Nope, not only Americans. In this country it's common practice. I don't know the root of this tradition, but it's been this way as long as I can remember .. and as long as my mom can remember .. and as long as my G-mother can remember even.

I got my ears pierced when I was only a few days old. So did my mom, and so did my grandmother. Our ears turned out fine.
        -It's only after you've lost everything that you're free to do anything.
        -I see the strongest and smartest men who have ever lived. And these men are pumping gas and waiting tables.-Fight Club

Comment

Quoth Anakah View Post
          Why an expired one? After its expired its actually considered invalid ID.
          That's exactly what I was going to say. If it's expired, it's invalid. Thanks for playing. Johnny, what do we have for him?

Quoth CSR Kim View Post
          What gets me are the parents who come up, say they want to get their darling's ears pierced, but then whine and complain and practically cry because they will be causing their child pain. I hear "Oh, I don't want to see her cry!" "I can't stand it when she's in pain!"
          I don't think it's so much that it hurts them, as it's the noise of the gun. That's a pretty loud noise right next to their little ears and I think that scares them and makes them cry. I don't remember any of mine really hurting (I've got six in one ear), even the cartilage piercings.

Quoth solemnwarning View Post
          Making someone have their ears pierced before they're old enough to even know what's happening and can decide if they want it or not is one of the reeeaally stupid things I had never heard of before reading this site..
          Is it only Americans who do it?
          Quoth DigitalEngine View Post
          Nope, not only Americans. In this country it's common practice. I don't know the root of this tradition, but it's been this way as long as I can remember .. and as long as my mom can remember .. and as long as my G-mother can remember even.
          It's also part of the Hispanic culture around here, too. I think it's actually kind of cute.
          It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

I don't think it's so much that it hurts them, as it's the noise of the gun. That's a pretty loud noise right next to their little ears and I think that scares them and makes them cry. I don't remember any of mine really hurting (I've got six in one ear), even the cartilage piercings.
            The instruments we use, they aren't very loud. The only "sound" is the click that is made when the post makes contact with the earring back. Honestly, most babies only cry for maybe a minute, and they are fine. The pain they feel (I've had my ears pierced more than 8 times, some within the last year, so it's a very familiar feeling to me lol) is not much more than a pinch. I'd rather get my ears pierced than get a shot at the doctors office.

My peeve is with the parents who think it's really going to hurt them, don't want to hear their babies cry, subsequently carry on and whine about it like someone is making them do it, but do the piercing anyway. It's not something they have to do.
            --Kim--

“It is sometimes an appropriate response to reality to go insane.” Philip K. Dick

Comment

I think I would have called security. But not for Insult Bitch. No. Security would be for ME. Because they would have to physically stop me from leaping over the counter and making Insult Bitch do a hard faceplant into the tiled floor.

Was IB on the heavy side herself? It's been my observation that nasty SCs who are so fond of shoveling such criticism are almost always themselves nothing to write home about.
              ~~ Every politician that opens their mouth on birth control only proves that we need more of it. ~~

Comment

Was IB on the heavy side herself? It's been my observation that nasty SCs who are so fond of shoveling such criticism are almost always themselves nothing to write home about.
                She was maybe a little smaller than I am, and I am a bigger girl. So, no, she was definitely throwing boulders through the windows of her glass house.
                --Kim--

“It is sometimes an appropriate response to reality to go insane.” Philip K. Dick

Comment

I think it's wrong to have something like that done to your child that isn't necessary.

I think it comes from cultures where it's still more common to wear your wealth than store it in a bank. It's also a symbol of wealth, if you can afford to have even your children wearing jewelry.
                  Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                  HR believes the first person in the door
                  Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                  Document everything
                  CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

As with the above people, I have had my ears pierced since I was 11 months old and my ears were fine... I was also Miss San Antonio as a child Beauty pagents and babies, my oh my.

Now as for IDs, here in PA you can use your expired license because the state does not take away your invalid license when you get it renewed---they take a new picture and register you with a new ID but let you keep the old one. They even let me keep my old Kentucky license that was expired from 2005. Odd. Kentucky regulations make the clerk remove your old ID from you.
                    Purveyor of all chickeny goodness, and chicken ninja of the highest grade!
                    "With it's indiscriminate slaughter of organic tissue, nothing can survive." - Mongo Skruddgemire

Comment

Kim, I'm sorry you were insulted trying to do your work. It just pisses one off so totally one probably is not able to concentrate anymore that day. I remember when a SC seriously insulted me, told me I'm more stupid than the stones in the forest (because if one asked the stone if one's stupid, the stone wouldn't give an answer - as if I did?), calling me an a**hole, piece of sh*t etc... As soon as I had ended the call I went to our coffee room and started crying. I cried for about 30 minutes and my boss came in asking what had happened and was very sympatethic as he heard the story.

I got my ears pierced when I was 21. It didn't hurt, really, I just got startled when the trigger went off. My ears felt warm, but didn't hurt. The cleaning liquid hurt, ok, but I suppose pure alcohol always does.

To the ID's, here in Finland an expired ID is invalid except for the police when you go get a new one. We have four types of official ID's: passports, driver's licences, ID cards and Social Security Insurance cards. The latest mentioned can not become expired - of course if you get married you have to get a new one if you change your name but not otherwise.

Sorry OT...
                      A man can be stupid and not know it, but not if he is married.

Comment

Working...
                      X