This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lead Poisoning: Not Yours

it was pretty busy saturday, but since we're so far over on payroll, they were sending people home left and right. i got swindled into cashiering, and everything was going steadily until this douche rolls up. first of all, he skips everyone in line, dragging his two sons with him. "Do you guys have the thomas the train pieces?"

"no, we don't carry them...actually, those were the ones that were recalled if i remember right."

"yeah." and then he walked out.

the customer i was ringing at the time looked at me and i looked at her, both of us with WTF written on our faces.

you would knowingly buy something for your children that has been recalled for lead paint fears? hmm.
    Kim: She's got one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel.

I'd like to exercise my constitutional right to not give a fuck.

Nice parenting skills.

Idiot.
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

eh he probably hadn't heard about the recall - just trying to get his kids a toy they like..... well maybe - or I could be putting way too much faith in his logic skills as a parent...... eh, probably the latter

Comment

Actually, not all the pieces were recalled. Just a few, actually. My nephew is the biggest Thomas fan ever, so believe you me, we went through his collection with a fine tooth comb. A lot of the red painted stuff, an engine and car or two, and some signs that go on the track. The recall was not nearly as bad or extensive as initially believed. So it's not really too crazy that he was looking for Thomas stuff.

Comment

Working...
        X