This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh
    Cussing and swearing is not a good way to make your point.
    Quoth allniter View Post
    I disagree with your opinion (in certain circumstances) but I respect it. Kudos
    I'm sorry, but this goes beyond an "opinion" that you can disagree with. It comes down to is decent and professional behavior. Calling the woman a c*nt because she called a cashier "stupid" is inappropriate and unnecessarily retaliatory. Everything else you ranted about is fine--though you still might get slammed for insubordination--but vulgar language has absolutely no place, not from customers and DEFINITELY not from representatives of the store.

Spineless managers are a PITA, we all know that. Hell, without them this board would only be half as good

Speak your mind but keep your cool--this sort of gut reaction you've envisioned will do nothing but get you in trouble down the road.

Comment

Quoth Pezzle View Post
      In New Jersey, it is the only way to make a point. It's how we order lunch!
      Since I moved, I don't need to do that anymore. Now I live in the middle of Nowhere, not NJ, and I miss having the waitress call me an asshole, and both of us laughing for a few minutes, because I was an asshole, or whatever. NJ: the only place where after having a 5 minute argument with the Waiter, filled with words that a sailor wouldn't use, you both shake hands, laugh, and he gets a 30% tip for being "really fucking awesome." (True Story)
      It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office.
      ~~~H.L. Mencken

Comment

Quoth slavetotheman View Post
        I'm sorry, but this goes beyond an "opinion" that you can disagree with. It comes down to is decent and professional behavior. Calling the woman a c*nt because she called a cashier "stupid" is inappropriate and unnecessarily retaliatory. Everything else you ranted about is fine--though you still might get slammed for insubordination--but vulgar language has absolutely no place, not from customers and DEFINITELY not from representatives of the store.

Spineless managers are a PITA, we all know that. Hell, without them this board would only be half as good

Speak your mind but keep your cool--this sort of gut reaction you've envisioned will do nothing but get you in trouble down the road.
        Actually it's helped out a few times. By standing up for the employee, I've gotten them out of difficult situations that they would otherwise have no recourse from.

Stooping to someone's level is sometimes the only way to get things done. Granted - assess the situation and make your own judgement call. But if the bully on the block is beating you up, you don't run crying home every day of your young life. You can't rely on your parents for everything or how will you ever grow up? You need to decide to take a stand, but why let others tell you how to make it?

I'm not advocating killing here so please don't go getting extreme with me, but if I was attacked physically, I would slap back twice as hard.

An SC like that isn't going to listen to reason and logic to get them out of a jam. If they did, would we have so many repeat offenders in jail? I doubt we would.

Broadcasting to you live from the nerve center of my brain..... szzzt *we are currently experiencing technical difficulties, please stand by*

Comment

Quoth slavetotheman View Post
          I used to be in retail before finishing school and landing my dream job that doesn't suffer nor tolerate any SC's.

But I know the hardships that can come with the job. I experienced a lot of what's written on this site personally during my time in the trenches. My point is that since I've now escaped register hell for good, I'm free to say to SC's what I wish I'd done back then, free to better help out abused employees now, and I'll continue to do to defend them. It's pretty fun stuff. When my gf is with me when we come across one, we both bust a gut going off on the SC. Nothing wrong with demeaning someone who's already being an asshole.

If an SC wants to make trouble, I'll turn the focus of their venom away from the helpless clerk and onto myself, who can fight back to any degree I see fit.

I'm afraid it is an opinion when you think I can only go so far in retaliating against someone. It's not a fact, it's not measurable and there's no guideline for right or wrong ways. And if I can disagree with you on something that like this, then it goes back to being an opinion. And many more SCs around down the road, ready to meet their match. One big SC vs another Bigger anti-SC.

fun fun
          Last edited by allniter; 12-02-2007, 07:12 AM.
          Broadcasting to you live from the nerve center of my brain..... szzzt *we are currently experiencing technical difficulties, please stand by*

Comment

Quoth Chained to the counter View Post
            SC "I WANT TO SEE YOUR MANGER"
            I HEARD CHRIST THE LORD WAS BORN HERE!

Heeeheeheehehehehe sorry couldn' resist~
            Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

The bottom line is that nobody deserves to be treated in such a derogatory, demeaning, cuss-filled, hipocratic way more than the SCs themselves. I'll be the first person to stand up for the salesperson's protection act, that I'm push for at the 2012 elections...

Comment

i had a lady flip because we charged her 9 cents more on her no name oatmeal. even the people who were behind her told her to chill and that it was only 9 cents. which made her go beat red and bitch more. all i could do was bite my cheek to keep from laughing.
                it's said that no sane person could bite another person and draw blood. I've done it before, but then again sanity has always been questionable in our family.

Comment

Gees, people will complain over the littlest things these days. We can live in hope that these people will one day grow up and obtain a brain.
                  Am I sad because I am looking forward to the day when the people I will be dealing with will no longer be able to talk back?

Comment

Quoth Chained to the counter View Post
                    SC "NO, but that's not the point, i'm the customer, i AM always right and i deserve an apology.

SC "FINE, but don't expect me to shop here again, i promise you that"

Always the two most famous lines from shitty customers like this. I would have told her how WRONG she is calling your employee stupid, and telling your manager how rude you were, after you pretty much were polite and nice during this whole exchange.

Comment

Working...
                    X