This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clothes SC

okay, Can't anyone tell me why Sc's must be so serious enough to make a big fu#king deal over why the clothes must be folded in the bags when they have to be washed anyways. Can clothes stay folded as they are getting washed I mean c'mon? This Lady Drove me nuts.

HHHZ: Halfhumanhalfzombie SCL: Stupid Clothes Lady

HHHZ: Hi, Welcome to Wally World
    SCL: Hello
    HHHZ: Puts an outfit in the bag
    SCL: (invades my personal space by grabbing the outfit from the bag) gives me all the clothes so I can start folding them, you people can't fold them well "negative insulting remarks".
    HHHZ: *Ignores her while I scan the clothes and hand them to her while she makes negative insulting remarks*
    SCL: Are you listening to a word I am saying?
    HHHZ: Yes, you told me to hand the clothes to you while you fold them
    SCL: No I told you to watch for the clothes on the belt so you don't unfold them

For crying out loud the belt is dirty for Jeebs sakes, what's her problem chimping me around like this?

HHHZ: I have to find the UPC
    SCL: IT'S RIGHT THERE!!!

This woman needs to learn how to talk to people in public properly (not like a 10 year old) and become more aware that outfits must be clean before folding them. This woman obviously never heard of a Washer and Dryer unless she does that to piss me off on purpose or there is an invention to wash and dry clothes when they are still folded.

Stupid Stupid Stupid Stupid
    Providing Excellent customer service and Filtering out nonsense people.

Who wants to bet she doesn't wash them before she wears them?

I never understand people like that either. I always try to fold customers' clothing really carefully (mainly because I've gotten hollered at about it in the past by customers ), but having to stuff the clothes into a bag always ruins my neat folding job. There's just no good way to keep clothes nice and perfectly folded when they're mashed into a shopping bag. And yes, people SHOULD wash the clothes they purchase after they get them home, because god knows how many other dirty people have tried on that piece of clothing.
    My Myspace, add me!

Comment

New clothes are often coated in chemicals that keep them crisp and uncreased. It is always good to wash those off before you wear them.
      "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

True, but once I got this shirt in the mail that I really, really, really liked and I couldn't wait. ^_^

I automatically try and fold clothes as I put them in the bag, but in the hectic rush I end up half-assing it and they come out as a lump of cloth, anyway.
        "IT stands away, interrupting himself from the incessant hammering of the kittens…"

Comment

Quoth cinema guy View Post
          New clothes are often coated in chemicals that keep them crisp and uncreased. It is always good to wash those off before you wear them.
          YEAH - didn't anyone see that episode of House where people were dying from those chemicals? Hmm or was it b/c they bought the blue jeans out of the back of someone's trunk? or was that Bones when the clothes were being taken off dead bodies after the funerals and re-sold? Eh doesn't matter - wash those clothes before you wear them! Who knows how many nasty people tried them on?

Comment

Wow, glad to know I'm not the only one who washes new clothes before wearing them! I know people who don't, and all i can say is eeewwwww! Esp. undergarments...that's just NASTY....

one of my friends won't wash new sheets before using them; she says she likes the way they feel, all crisp and new, but to me they smell funny and are scratchy.

Comment

Quoth air914 View Post
              YEAH - didn't anyone see that episode of House where people were dying from those chemicals? Hmm or was it b/c they bought the blue jeans out of the back of someone's trunk? or was that Bones when the clothes were being taken off dead bodies after the funerals and re-sold? Eh doesn't matter - wash those clothes before you wear them! Who knows how many nasty people tried them on?
              The kid who was selling the jeans had stolen them, and he was selling them out of the back of his truck that he also used at his job, which was spraying fields with pesticides. The pesticide got onto the jeans' fabric, and contaminated those two kids.

This is why you ALWAYS wash clothes before wearing them

Comment

Also - CSI:NY where the bride died at her wedding - bought at a used clothing store . . .someone was selling the clothes off the dead bodies after the funeral but before the burial.

Comment

Quoth Catwoman2965 View Post
                  Wow, glad to know I'm not the only one who washes new clothes before wearing them! I know people who don't, and all i can say is eeewwwww!
                  I ALWAYS wash clothes after I buy them, but before I wear them.

Even before I worked at Goodwill.

Speaking of GW, for all the SCs that I had from there, no one ever bitched at me about how I folded the clothes. Good. I seldom do that perfectly, but I absolutely SUCKED at trying to re-fold fitted sheets. Those are the Devil's invention.
                  Unseen but seeing
                  oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                  There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                  3rd shift needs love, too
                  RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth air914 View Post
                    YEAH - didn't anyone see that episode of House where people were dying from those chemicals?
                    Guy sold jeans out of the back of the truck he hauled fertilizer and pest/herbicides.

Comment

My son and I both broke out in bad rashes after wearing new shirts that hadn't been washed, but had been sealed in plastic packages (yeah, they were cheap). Even after I washed his shirt twice, he would still break out.

When I worked in retail, whenever I had to hang the new clothes, I would sneeze, tear up and cough; I think it's from the preservatives.
                      Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                      HR believes the first person in the door
                      Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                      Document everything
                      CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

I wore a T-shirt new without washing once, and that's because the shirt I was wearing tore and I needed an emergency replacement. Otherwise, I always launder new clothing first. I prefer my clothes soft, smooth and faintly scented of laundry detergent and fabric softener!
                        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                        My LiveJournal
                        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

The few times I worked in a clothing department at Macy's, I sometimes had customers want to re-fold items after I'd put them in a bag, but they were never sucky about it, so I didn't mind.

Comment

Quoth wagegoth View Post
                            My son and I both broke out in bad rashes after wearing new shirts that hadn't been washed, but had been sealed in plastic packages .
                            Excema and contact dermatitis can be agravated by the chemicals. Children's sleepwear can be particularly problematic because it often contains fire retardent chemicals.
                            "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Not only that, but at my store the clothing has a way of falling off it's hanger on the Z-rack onto the floor, where it sits or gets dragged across the floor.

Plus it might have been sitting in the backroom for God knows how long, collecting dust.
                              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Working...
                              X