Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I once wore a new red shirt without washing it...I worked until close and when I got home I just brushed my teeth, threw on a t-shirt and went to bed. I didn't realize until the next morning that the shirt had bled all over me...there was so much dye on my skin that the white t-shirt I wore to bed looked like it had been tie-dyed pink and I still looked like I had a wicked sunburn!

I washed the shirt by itself, and then again with a white washcloth...3 times...and I ended up with 3 pink washcloths...the shirt also still had a nasty chemical smell after it got wet so I just gave up and took it back to the store. When I told them I had washed it 4 times and it was still bleeding dye, and they could smell it, they didn't argue with me...

(and the dye didn't wash out of my t-shirt either!)
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

It always amazed me that people buying clothes at Wal-Mart would make a HUGE fuss about NOT putting their clothes on the belt. I mean, C'mon now! They've been touched by a ton of people before you came along & you mean to tell me that as soon as you go home you're gonna wear those very same clothes? & not to mention that the cashier herself or himself has been touching all manner of stuff like drippy meat & such & NOW are handling your precious clothes.
      I ALWAYS wash any new clothing that I buy cause you never know what dirty slob touched them last.

Comment

Working...
      X