This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a gym back there?

This isn't a story of suck, just stupid.

Our kiosk is right across from what used to be a small jewelry store. Jewelry store moved out, and now there is a sign up center for Gold's Gym. People can go there and buy memberships, since there are two locations around here opening soon.

The way this store is set up, there is no way to mistake that there is nothing behind the store. There are no hidden doors, windows, etc. It is a small space (maybe 10-15 feet deep by 25 feet long, if that). I don't know if you've ever seen a Gold's Gym, but the one being opened by me is 2 stories tall, includes a pool, track, etc. Probably half the size of the mall itself.

Old woman came up today and says to me, gesturing at the store: "Is there a gym behind there, or do they just take memberships?" She was completely serious.

My manager had told me she'd received similar questions, but I thought she was joking. I mean, how could you think there is a full sized gym hidden behind a jewelry store?
    --Kim--

“It is sometimes an appropriate response to reality to go insane.” Philip K. Dick

Don't you know? There's ALWAYS things hidden in the back, out of sight!!!!
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth CSR Kim View Post
      This isn't a story of suck, just stupid.

Old woman came up today and says to me, gesturing at the store: "Is there a gym behind there, or do they just take memberships?" She was completely serious.
      ..."Yes, there's a gym back there... a gym for rats."
      (or you could say "a gym for little people" depending on the situation )

-Wembley
      Originally Posted by edible_hat
      (also, wouldn't lube work better in a f***ing machine?)

Comment

I could understand their thinking, albeit rather stupid thinking. I've seen some gyms located in strip malls that really just consist of a handfull of machines and the whole facility really isn't more then a couple thousand square feet. To compare our local golds gym is over 67 thousand square feet, and thats just the building (2 story) and also has a swimming pool, basket ball courts, and an outside weight lifting area that is not included in the buildings square footage.

But then again alot of people just don't think before they open their pie holes either.

I would just tell them that its a virtual gym.
        My Karma ran over your dogma.

Comment

Working...
        X