This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do not give me that attitude!

Man......this one I till don't get. It involved Alice (MOD) and Betsy (cashier at the service desk) and the SC. I stood on the sidelines and watched the sparks fly.

The SC had found a toner cartridge that was grossly mismarked. Something in the neighborhood of $25 when it should have been $65. He had two, with only one marked wrong. They of course rang up at the full (correct) price, but he wanted both at the wrong price.

Now on the one hand, I can certainly understand his position. And it this were a minor price discrepancy, we would have gladly given both to him at the lower price. But we were looking at a $80 hit, and this was not something that we can"just do" without managerial approval.

[This part is conjectural since I didn't pick up this incident right away. Some details were given to me later]

SC: They're $25, can't you see that?

Betsy: Well they're ringing in at $65.

SC: $25!

Betsy: Yes sir, I see that, but I'll need my manager to do the price change.

*pages MOD*

Alice: Hit price check for me? *flips over toner box*

SC: What are you doing? You can't see the price or something?

Alice: I'm not checking the price. I'm checking to verify that the SKU on the tab matches the actual product SKU

SC:

[End conjecture. This is the point where I noticed what was going on and wandered over to the service desk]

Alice: Well sir, you're talking like I don't know what I'm doing. I do.

SC: Well you should just give them both to me for $25.

Alice: Sir, I am going to give you that one for $25 since it's marked that way. But I've already explained that this is NOT the right price, and I will NOT give you BOTh fo them for that price.

SC: Well do you want me to be calling your home office?

Alice: Sir, again, I can't give you both of these for the wrong price.

SC: Excuse me. Do NOT give me that attitude!!!

I should point out here that at no time did Alice raise her voice to him, or say anything rude, or lose her composure. This guy was clearly looking for a fight. Even though I was not directly involved, that last comment got me heated.

Alice: I'm not giving you attitude, sir. I'm trying to explain what I can and can not do.

SC: *pays for one cartridge, leaves*

Alice: *laughing nervously* What did I do wrong with that guy?

Me: I don't think you did anything wrong. But I think that guy should have been *signals an ejection like an MLB umpire*

Seriously. Alice tried to meet the guy halfway, handled it professionally, but the guy just went off on her. And apparently he did the same thing to Betsy before Alice got involved, when Betsy didn't have any authority to do what he wanted.
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

I wonder if he DID call the home office...and if so, what they said to him.
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
      I wonder if he DID call the home office...and if so, what they said to him.
      Sadly, he probably got a gift card and a phonebook full of coupons to further terrorize the cashier staff with.
      "You know, there are times when it's a source of personal pride not to be human." - Hobbes

Comment

Quoth CancelMyService View Post
        Sadly, he probably got a gift card and a phonebook full of coupons to further terrorize the cashier staff with.
        Don't forget the letter of apology from the store manager and a bouquet of flowers.

It wouldn't surprise me any how low corporate will sink to give the SC's their way.
        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth CancelMyService View Post
          Wouldn't doubt it.

Quoth DGoddess View Post
          Don't forget the letter of apology from the store manager and a bouquet of flowers.
          And a LITERAL ass-kissing.
          Last edited by Becks; 08-13-2007, 02:54 AM. Reason: kicking...kissing...
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

To the best of my knowledge, nothing has come of this.
            "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Working...
            X