This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daily Log of Chicken-y...ness?

Today was hectic but pretty much okay but there were a few minor annoyances and one true SC.

When I came into work, my first order was an older man who ordered like this... (OM, old man; me, who else?)

OM: I want a three piece meal!
    Me: Would you like the three piece strips, leg & thigh, or breast & wing meal?
    OM: Leg and thigh!
    Me: Would you like a drink or anything else with that?
    OM: Take out!
    Me: I'm sorry?
    OM: I want that to go! That's all!

He sounded like he was reporting for military duty. It was mildly annnoying to be shouted at.

At closing time, a woman came in and was informed that she'd have to wait for the chicken---it was ten minutes to close---and she was okay with that. Her whole family came in to wait, and then when they got their food, the husband came up to the counter and demanded his money back.

SC: I want my money back. This chicken is cold, the potatoes are gross, and I didn't even order cornbread!
    Me: Okay, sir, just one moment.

I'm not authorized to give refunds so our manager TL came over to give him his refund. The thing is, that chicken had just been cooked, the potatoes were made (by me) not five minutes before, and we were out of biscuits, which TL had told the wife of this man. So she gives him his money back and then about two seconds later the wife comes up saying that she needed the money back for the rest of the chicken (a Big Box Meal). She made a half-hearted apology for her husband, sounded like she was getting annoyed at him too. That kinda made me happy. The only thing they did take home was their Popcorn chicken, which I know was good because it had been dropped specifically for their order by me.

I get so annoyed when people complain just to complain.
    Purveyor of all chickeny goodness, and chicken ninja of the highest grade!
    "With it's indiscriminate slaughter of organic tissue, nothing can survive." - Mongo Skruddgemire
Working...
X