• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Types of customers I can't stand at my job:

I warn this is long.

The customers who aren't specific about what they want in their coffee

Me= Me
    SC= Customer

I really hate when customers don't say how they like their coffee and we're basically ordering it for them.

Me: Hi good morning!
    SC: Yeah I would like a coffee. [pause]
    Me: *waits for them to say what they want in their coffee*
    SC: Uhm I would like a coffee.
    Me: Yeah...what size? Medium or large?
    SC: Oh. Medium.
    Me: Milk and sugar?
    SC: No. Skim milk and two splendas.

I really hate when they don't order what they want from the get go, and I have to say all this. How am I supposed to know what they want in their coffee? Ugh and most customers do this. They don't know how to order coffee.

Another one is when their ordering two iced lattes. Most likely one latte is for them and the other is for their friend or whatever. I hate when I ask them what flavor they want and they have no clue what flavors we have and I have to tell them. Didn't the person they know tell them what they wanted? So basically the customer is probably getting something for their friend and their getting something they have no clue about. Ugh.

Also the senior citizens...oh man. Some seniors I absolutely love. I'm on a first name basis with three of them and they call me Tina Marble but some senior citizens really take the cake. There is this one senior citizen, she's a sweet old lady but is quite slow. See, we have a new combo where you buy any size latte, hot or iced, you get a muffin for one dollar. Unfortuntely many people think your getting the latte AND the muffin for one dollar. The old lady didn't understand and I had to explain to her ten times that you only get the muffin for one dollar when you buy a latte. Even some customers had to explain to her and she STILL didn't get it! It was quite funny.

There's this other old man who's a regular. I find him quite weird and annoying. Once he starts talking to you, your in deep trouble. Twice, I been a victim of him. He must be quite lonely. I feel bad for the guy but yesterday he was annoying again. It was my day off yesterday and usually I still come in because my boyfriend works the night shift. [Yeah that's right, my boyfriend and I work at the same place! Haha] So when I come and visit, my boyfriend sits down with me when he's not busy. So we were talking and the old guy walks in and I'm like "OH no..." Good thing I was doing some college homework so I pretended to be really really busy with it. My boyfriend is playing around with me and distracting me and making me laugh. The old man is like "Leave her alone." And he says in a low voice "Mind your own business..." And then my bf is shaking the table and I'm like playfully telling him to stop and the old man hits my bf on the arm! And I'm like "Don't hit him!" And my bf was like "What the hell are you doing?" Gah he is annoying. Haha.

Well that's just a few of the stories. I got plenty more but I don't wanna bore you all.

After a few times of people not being specific enough we got ourselves a new policy, you get what we give you. I'll have a soda now means medium coke, coffee means medium coffee no cream, no sugar, I'll have a combo #X means medium, coke, fries. Unless you tell us what you want, you get what we feel like giving you. Never got in trouble for it either, since they never specified what they wanted, and were holding the line up.
    It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office.
    ~~~H.L. Mencken

Comment

I just had the opposite problem: I was trying to order at JitB, and the person taking the order kept asking all the questions over me. If she'd given me 10 seconds, I could have given her the order and been outta there, but it ended up dragging the whole thing out and ticking me off.

SE: Welcome to JitB; may I take your order?
      Me: Hi, I'd like a number 2 (sirloin burger), med-
      SE: Small, medium or large?
      Me: Medium, with
      SE: Would you like Cheddar, American or Swiss cheese?
      Me: American cheese, but otherwise plain. (I'm starting to get a bit ticked.)
      SE: Do you want regular or fried onions?
      Me: (Firmly, and slightly annoyed) American cheese, but otherwise plain.
      SE: Oh.

Then they gave me onion rings instead of fries.
      Labor boards have info on local laws for free
      HR believes the first person in the door
      Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
      Document everything
      CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Quoth Aldous View Post
        After a few times of people not being specific enough we got ourselves a new policy, you get what we give you. I'll have a soda now means medium coke, coffee means medium coffee no cream, no sugar, I'll have a combo #X means medium, coke, fries. Unless you tell us what you want, you get what we feel like giving you. Never got in trouble for it either, since they never specified what they wanted, and were holding the line up.
        Now that sounds like a great idea to me. A mate of mine was tried to order a cheese sandwich when he was really hung over and could have done with a policy like that. Apparently the conversation went something like this:
        Friend: could I have a cheese sandwich please
        Server: What kind of bread wouldyou like?
        Friend: huh?
        Server: we have white, brown, rye, sour dough, multigrain
        F: uh white
        S: would you like butter, margarine, philly, lite philly?
        F: butter?
        S: what kind of cheese? American, swiss, cheddar, edam, (list goes on)
        F: I dunno just cheese.

All the while another friend was watching and pissing himself laughing.
        Be Nicer To Retail Workers 2K18, also known as: stop being an incredibly shitty human to people just doing their job.

Comment

Working...
        X