SC: "No, their not stealing books!"
    Me: "Are they exposing themselves inappropriately?"
    SC: 'Yes, one has the other on a leash?"
    MOD: "So, their naked?"
    SC: "Of course not, one has the other tied up by a leash!!"
    Me: "So, their clothed?"
    MOD: "Ma'am, unless their doing something wrong, we cannot kick them out."
    SC: "But one has the other on a leash!!"

At this point, I begin to look around. LP guy is standing nearby, and I see two goth-looking girls in Sci-Fi. One has the other on a leash. They both are sitting, one on the floor, one in a chair. Nothing really revealing unless you count fishnet stockings as "exposure" (seeing it's the only thing exposing flesh).

Me: (To LP guy) "Ya might wanna go up, some woman is complaining about them at the front."

So I watch them, while MOD and LP guy try and deal with the woman. She ends up leaving, while the two girls don't do anything that would get them kicked out. No stealing, no sexual stuff, nothing. They leave quietly, and the leashed girl manages to put away the stuff back properly.

Granted, that's a bit of an unusual sight in public but I'm more amazed at how much some people can get worked up over the most trivial of things.
    Mike: I'm gonna tell my boss I'm Puma Man, maybe he'll let me off early.

- "Puma Man", MST3K.

Comment

I don't think anyone (note:guy) would be too offended by this. But freedom of expression, I agree with these girls, whatever floats your boat. Might offend some, but there isn't anyone can do about it. Must have been interesting to see a master with their pet in public. I live in the sticks, I don't get to see cool things like that.
      It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office.
      ~~~H.L. Mencken

Comment

Hah. One time at Goodwill, someone had donated a cat leash. At the time, I had a chain with a ring. Clipped on the leash and handed the other end to a friend/coworker/accomplice.

Fun was had by both.
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Nosy customers can sometimes be the absolute WORST! They need to get over themselves and let people live in peace. As long as no one's hurting anyone else, there's no big deal. And I'm a girl--...and a lesbian. So my opinion is totally biased. ^_^

Comment

pffft it might not have been S&M either. The girl may have just liked colars and leashes. Hell my sister would be wearing worst....

Hell i would have leaned over to the woman and asked if she wanted to know how much she charged ^_^

Comment

but obviously, expressing yourself in a way outside of societies norms is to be shunned.

i've gotten complaints from customers (about other customers) for everything from "that boy is wearing a skirt" to "i do not feel safe being in here while that girl with the spiky hair is here" (keeping in mind the punk girl had been here for a few hours before the person who "didn't feel safe" arrived)
              It is better to be the hammer than the nail.

Comment

i would have had great fun with that.

i would have asked if i could walk her.

the other day i had a mother and son come in and the son was wearing a dog collar, nothing fancy, just a regular brown leather collar with a dog tag. i didnt think to read it but i commented on it. the boy and the mother both said i was the first person to notice it in a while.
                "Let's connect to some ones cyberbrain who is meditating, so we can download enlightenment" one of the Tachikomas (Ghost in the Shell 2nd gig)

Comment

I have a blue nylon collar with the tag from my grandfather's first dog. I found the tag in a box of junk one day. The dog's name was "Bozo" according to mom, so it has a weird level of appropriateness ^_^ I had a black "velvet" collar with rhinestones for the longest time.

When I was younger, a gang of friends and I used to "trade off" the wearing of a spiked collar and leash whilst wandering downtown. Nothing behind it, we were just being weird. I seem to recall I as the wearer one day got a few comments "love the collar, where'd you get it?" So the "Goth" shop in the area at the time got lots of free advertising from us, then when one of us decided to replace the store-bought collar with a true custom piece, the artist got some free press
                  "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                  "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth Hon'ya-chan View Post
                    They leave quietly, and the leashed girl manages to put away the stuff back properly.
                    Well trained sub.

Comment

This reminds me of something my friend saw at Nan Desu Kan in Denver last year. A bunch of people are standing around waiting for the elevator. An old lady spies a couple, one with a leash on the other. "Why does that girl have that boy on a leash?" So she takes a closer look. "DEAR GOD THAT'S A GIRL!"

Maybe not quite that loud but my friend got a kick out of it. I just want to know why nosy people have to be nosy about stuff that's none of their business, meh, guess they're just noisy.
                      Pretend there's something here that sounds insightful, but is really just some pseudo-intellectual bull.

Comment

Kudos to anyone who does the leashes in public thing, we don't. Too scared of family harassment/accidental spotting by a loved one.

Comment

I'd bet the "odd" customers are better customers overall than the busybody types.

As demonstrated by the leashed woman, they are most likely to put things back where they belong, and not leave it just laying around for an employee to put away "because they're paid to do that", which I believe many of the busybody types would do.

I would also bet the "odd" ones would be less likely to have unreasonable requests, or expectations, or to argue store policies.

Mike
                          Meow.........

Comment

It just shows you how chicken the person really is. If they really had a complaint, they would have said it to the girls instead of the cashier. But she knows if she did, they'd rock her back with a few insults and burns and that would hurt her dainty little feelings cause she's soooooo insecure about herself.
                            Broadcasting to you live from the nerve center of my brain..... szzzt *we are currently experiencing technical difficulties, please stand by*

Comment

Anyone else notice that the people who freak out the old and easily offended prude types are always the most awesomest customers? Maybe they can tell retail employees get treated poorly by the public like they sometimes do and it's some sort of empathic bond, but the so-called "freaky people" are my favorite people to deal with.
                              "You know, there are times when it's a source of personal pride not to be human." - Hobbes

Comment

Working...
                              X